Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prostate cancer and divorce

Sorry to hear about your divorce. Been there, done that.

The best thing you can do is focus on your future. Where do you want to be in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years from now...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Keys to a successful divorce from what I've seen personally and through friends:

• Get a great attorney.
    • Protect yourself financially.
    • Stop any kind of alcohol use until you're past this.
    • Exercise like a fiend.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Change is always difficult but sometimes becomes necessary as with this decision. The situation with your daughter not speaking to you is pretty common during teenage years, hopefully she will grow out it quickly. Wishing you the best, day by day that things improve for you. The friend that sourced the RV has got to be a great improvement for starters.

Be sure you comprehend how stressful this can be, and plan accordingly for your own mental health. My divorce was much more stressful than the death of my first wife.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Thanks guys.My attorney has to have surgery so now have a replacement.Financially the only thing I have is my salary and she wants all of that.I don't drink and don't plan to start.I've been working out for the past 5 months and will be posting a thread on asking for help with it.It's been the most stressful thing that I've ever done but also the best thing I've ever done second to only one other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Thanks guys.My attorney has to have surgery so now have a replacement.Financially the only thing I have is my salary and she wants all of that.I don't drink and don't plan to start.I've been working out for the past 5 months and will be posting a thread on asking for help with it.It's been the most stressful thing that I've ever done but also the best thing I've ever done second to only one other thing.
    Try to stay above the fray. If you cant communicate with her directly insist all comms be text or email. Try not to let it turn into any more expensive than it has to be. I cant speak to your state but I would guess the outcome is already determined but a lawyer wont tell you that. Have your attorney draw up a reasonable proposal that follows the rules in your state. You are not going to screw her and shes not going to screw you but there are probably going to be concessions made on both sides that neither will like.
    Again stay above the fray.
    Its hard to remember why you are draining the swamp when the alligators are snapping at your ass.
    Best luck man
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

She can't take all of your salary. I had this happen to a friend last year. His wife wanted a good portion of his salary but when they went to mediation, the mediator cut her way back.

What is your lawyer telling you?

You need to be careful with some lawyers, the longer they drag this out, the better it will be for them.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Wishing you a quick and positive resolution to all your challenges.

I've been divorced and had cancer. Just a bump in the road man, stay positive.

SecondsCount,I'm in NJ,after 20 years of marriage,there's "permanent spousal support" but apparently it's not verbatim.I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the first one,maybe the second will be a bit more aggressive.I'm trying to come up with a second retainer now for him.right now we're in the Discovery phase,next is mediation with a group of attorneys.I'd also like to retire one day if possible,all I'll have is social security and I'm not sure if she can get any of that.

User Tag List