Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G43X Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Give it a stout up and down wiggle with your thumb, but it looks like you got it! I’d ask for my $20 back. ($20 to install a slide cover plate?!?!?)
    Yes, I pushed down on it as hard as I could, and it didn’t budge, so I’m confident that it’s locked in place, especially since I heard the definitive click.
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 06-05-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Give it a stout up and down wiggle with your thumb, but it looks like you got it! I’d ask for my $20 back. ($20 to install a slide cover plate?!?!?)
    I would also be asking for my money back and would avoid letting this guy work on anything I owned going forward.

The SCD can be installed in about 30 seconds without even taking the slide off of the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I would also be asking for my money back and would avoid letting this guy work on anything I owned going forward.

The SCD can be installed in about 30 seconds without even taking the slide off of the frame.
    This.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I found the 42/43 series harder to install and didn't think about the hard downward push until someone here suggested it. Really love the SCD and I just hope they make more as I need one for a G42 and 3x Gen5.
    Adam

It's interesting that you said that. I think he installed it without removing the slide.

I went to remove the slide, and it wouldn't move forward; I thought I was doing something wrong, being new to Glocks, so I tried again, no luck. At this point, I felt that the SCD was hanging low enough (not being properly seated) that the device was hitting the rail tangs, preventing the slide from being removed. So, I cycled it again to put it back into battery, and then pushed up on the SCD, and it moved/clicked.

He is a local trainer who we have known for a few years and trained with, so to avoid any awkwardness, I'll just let it be, and try to find someone else in the future.

Thanks for the help with this, this place is the best!

This one has been in and out of my Glock 48 several times. Last time it went firmly in with an audible "click". I am 99.99% sure it's seated all the way.

Name:  IMG_9111.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  55.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_9110.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  69.9 KB

You do you, Bro. But there's a lot of advantages in being able to do basic work on your own guns.

If you're interested, there's tons of youtube videos on removing and installing the back plate (or whatever Glock calls it). The Gadget is exactly the same procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You do you, Bro. But there's a lot of advantages in being able to do basic work on your own guns.

If you're interested, there's tons of youtube videos on removing and installing the back plate (or whatever Glock calls it). The Gadget is exactly the same procedure.
    Agree. As simple as everyone says that Glocks are, I probably could have done this, but figured I'd let an armorer do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    Agree. As simple as everyone says that Glocks are, I probably could have done this, but figured I'd let an armorer do it.
    I don't think there is any shame in being cautious when dealing with a firearm, especially if you are new to Glocks. The moment you stop respecting firearms is when something bad happens.

That said, detail stripping a Glock is extremely easy. I highly suggest watching a few YouTube videos on the subject just to be familiar with the process. If nothing else it will give you a better perspective on how everything works, but can be useful in other ways. I like to strip mine down every few thousand rounds for a detailed cleaning. The only thing I don't take out is the mag catch.

I don't think there is any shame in being cautious when dealing with a firearm, especially if you are new to Glocks. The moment you stop respecting firearms is when something bad happens.

That said, detail stripping a Glock is extremely easy. I highly suggest watching a few YouTube videos on the subject just to be familiar with the process. If nothing else it will give you a better perspective on how everything works, but can be useful in other ways. I like to strip mine down every few thousand rounds for a detailed cleaning. The only thing I don't take out is the mag catch.
    My forehead is sore...from the major face-palm I gave myself having just watched a video on how to do this!! Couldn't be more simple/easy!

User Tag List