Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G43X Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    My forehead is sore...from the major face-palm I gave myself having just watched a video on how to do this!! Couldn't be more simple/easy!
    Sweet, now you'll be ready for the next SCD install.

The ease of maintenance is the reason there will always be a couple of Glocks in my safe. I have the dexterity of a Labrador and no mechanical acumen, and even I can strip one to the frame and reassemble it, in about 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I would also be asking for my money back and would avoid letting this guy work on anything I owned going forward.

The SCD can be installed in about 30 seconds without even taking the slide off of the frame.
    I'm betting that the 'armorer' is charging for the time he spend watching YouTube videos (learning to disassemble a Glock).

Fair is fair, after all.

OP: You, too, can watch YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Sweet, now you'll be ready for the next SCD install.

The ease of maintenance is the reason there will always be a couple of Glocks in my safe. I have the dexterity of a Labrador and no mechanical acumen, and even I can strip one to the frame and reassemble it, in about 15 mins.
    Yeah, I watched a video for the frame disassembly, and wow, it's amazing how few parts there are in these things! I've always heard people here talk about it, but never owned a Glock, so I didn't have much need to look into it.

Clearly, they took Einstein's theory of “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler", and made it a reality; he'd be very proud!

On a side note, my good friend is LEO, and now works in the evidence dept., and on Friday he gave me a tour of the gun room. HOLY SHIT, the number of pistols (in yellow envelopes), not to mention the long guns. was truly staggering!! I just wish I could have one of the THOUSANDS of Glock beaters in there, so I could tinker with it, and not worry about it having to work properly again!

Update:
    With the Gadget installed, I then installed the Sandstorm Tactical grip adapter, and so far my wife is liking the ‘corrected’ grip angle. Our friend, a local SWAT/Trainer, and Glock guy, was impressed with the adapter, and said he wanted one for his 48.

It ate 100r AE/124, and 100r HST/124, with only one stoppage (124/AE). She was shooting, and had a dead trigger. Slide was in battery, so I removed the round, and inspected, didn’t see anything, so put it back in the mag and it fired just fine. Not sure why that happened.

We have a set of AmeriGlo sights on the way, and it’ll be complete. This is our first Glock, and I’m enjoying the trigger characteristics, considering I’ve been shooting Sig TDA, and LEM the last 4yrs. I have no interest in modifying the trigger, I’d say it’s perfect as is, for a striker fired gun, and simply a great carry trigger in general.
    Heading out to Arizona on the 29th to train with DB, so assuming the gun runs well there, she can start carrying it once we get back home.

Name:  4088E980-5297-4810-9708-87E2A8E051EE.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  64.0 KB
    Name:  BB4D0720-6A3D-4757-B5C2-C6E6E18B531F.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  15.8 KB

Are you going to put the sights on yourself? You should it's easy enough.

Wow... The Sandstorm Tactical grip adapter is a neat idea. I haven't seen one that fills that void. I assume it greatly increases the trigger reach though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    Update:
    With the Gadget installed, I then installed the Sandstorm Tactical grip adapter, and so far my wife is liking the ‘corrected’ grip angle. Our friend, a local SWAT/Trainer, and Glock guy, was impressed with the adapter, and said he wanted one for his 48.

It ate 100r AE/124, and 100r HST/124, with only one stoppage (124/AE). She was shooting, and had a dead trigger. Slide was in battery, so I removed the round, and inspected, didn’t see anything, so put it back in the mag and it fired just fine. Not sure why that happened.

We have a set of AmeriGlo sights on the way, and it’ll be complete. This is our first Glock, and I’m enjoying the trigger characteristics, considering I’ve been shooting Sig TDA, and LEM the last 4yrs. I have no interest in modifying the trigger, I’d say it’s perfect as is, for a striker fired gun, and simply a great carry trigger in general.
    Heading out to Arizona on the 29th to train with DB, so assuming the gun runs well there, she can start carrying it once we get back home.

Name:  4088E980-5297-4810-9708-87E2A8E051EE.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  64.0 KB
    Name:  BB4D0720-6A3D-4757-B5C2-C6E6E18B531F.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  15.8 KB

@CLaw the grip adapter ‘decreases’ trigger reach (harder to reach), although as the pics show, she can reach the trigger just fine. She’s 5’ 3” with pretty small hands, but shot the gun very well with the adapter.
    @mrozowjj no, I will have a friend do it for me.

Name:  061D3C59-F043-446A-80EC-D309A5EEEDE7.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  28.6 KB

User Tag List