Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G43X Gadget

G43X Gadget

I had a SCD installed today on my wife’s new 43x. That gap at the top of the device seems odd; probably just my imagination. does anyone have a pic to compare from a 43, 43x, or 48?

Name:  778EF1E0-CB82-4659-AEFB-487DBF1CD7C0.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  28.5 KB

It does not look like it’s completely seated.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    It does not look like it’s completely seated.
    It's not.

Gotta push it in til you hear/feel the click. Or grab a pin drift and pull back on the spacer sleeve and it should push in easy.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Who installed it?

Here’s a closer pic.
    It was a local trainer who I know, and was supposed to be a Glock Armorer. He said he’s installed a few of them, so I assumed that he had it down...but it just looked odd. He only charged me $20, but now I have to find someone else to fix it.
    I wish Glock, and all companies, would have a listing of all their current Armorers, so that you’d know who was current, but I realize that kind of thing is very time intensive, and they simply don’t have the resources to make it happen.
    So, if I push on it, it will just click into place? I’ve never done anything beyond field stripping the gun, so I’m not sure I should even attempt to fix this. It makes me want to go do the Armorer course myself, so I don’t have to rely on anyone else, and to know it’s done right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Name:  C5AF1D66-8BF6-411A-92F8-67B22B48FD40.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  27.1 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 06-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.

You shouldn’t need someone else to fix it. Use a punch to depress the striker sleeve and push the SCD up until its flush with the slide. Release the striker sleeve and then test to see that the SCD is locked on by trying to slide it off with thumb pressure. Any of the Glock detail strip videos on YouTube will walk you through it if you want a visual.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    You shouldn’t need someone else to fix it. Use a punch to depress the striker sleeve and push the SCD up until its flush with the slide. Release the striker sleeve and then test to see that the SCD is locked on by trying to slide it off with thumb pressure. Any of the Glock detail strip videos on YouTube will walk you through it if you want a visual.
    Thank you, I will look into this, and see if I can get it done.

Update:
    I decided to simply push up on the SCD, and ‘click’ it moved up, and seated into place! I just didn’t think it’d be that simple. Now, it looks correct at all points of contact with the slide.

Name:  755AE0BC-2827-425D-90AF-2A78F8BC9D64.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  27.0 KB
    Name:  5311DD36-916E-4937-B1AF-B399D1FEC571.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  29.6 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 06-05-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    It's not.

Gotta push it in til you hear/feel the click.
    Thanks for that simple suggestion; again, I thought it would be a little more complicated than that, but I’m relieved it wasn’t.

Give it a stout up and down wiggle with your thumb, but it looks like you got it! I’d ask for my $20 back. ($20 to install a slide cover plate?!?!?)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List