Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 365 XL Magguts

Site Supporter

365 XL Magguts

Incase there's any interest,
    I received an email from Magguts today stating the +2 for the X and XL 12rd mags are available.
    I ordered one, we'll see how it runs.

I did the same. Tough to pass up carrying 15 rounds in a P365 with xl grip with only a ~1/4 inch extension.

Have used Magguts products in the past with zero issues so hoping for the same.

Site Supporter
    They've run 100% in my Shield magazines,
    we'll see how they prove out in the XL.

If these prove reliable I’m gonna be sending magguts a lot of money.

Site Supporter
    So far so good with my sample. I used the 14 round mag for sighting in my RMSc and then during a pistol match last weekend. No problems at all. Here’s a couple of pics of it in the P365XL grip:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    So far so good with my sample. I used the 14 round mag for sighting in my RMSc and then during a pistol match last weekend. No problems at all. Here’s a couple of pics of it in the P365XL grip:
    Who did your stipple job?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Site Supporter
    It’s a custom grip module from Ben at Boresight Solutions- the mod also adds additional material to the backstrap which works super-well on the Sig: https://www.boresightsolutions.com/p...razorback-mod/

Site Supporter
    From post 1095 in the big P365 thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-12-1/page110

First outing with the p365 magguts (one +2 for 10rd mag & one +2 for 12 rd mag)

I ran 75 rds of federal 115gr fmj through each mag.

25 rds of federal 124 gr +p hst through each

20 rds of Sierra 115 gr jhp through each

And 25 rds of 147 gr hst through each.

Total rd count 290.

I had 4 failure to feeds on the +2 10rd mag. 3 with 115 federal fmj, 1 with 124gr +p hst.

I had 3 failure to feeds with the +2 12 rd mag. 1 with federal 115 fmj and 2 with 124 +p hst.

The malfunctions happened about half way through the 290 rds shot. They ran flawlessly before that.

It could be a problem with the follower or maybe the spring isn't pushing the next round up soon enough so as to ensure proper cycling? Honestly I have no clue...
    Magazines are the heart of pistol reliability. The 365 's are pushing the limits of their magazines. Adding after market pieces to get more rounds in seems like a poor risk reward proposition. For serious duty or defensive use, stock mags are the way.

Site Supporter
    All very good points HCM

I have recently had a problem with one of the two Magguts mods I purchased about two years ago for my Sig P365XL 12 round mags.

I have fired probably a little over 1,000 rounds from both with no issues. However, a problem with durability developed recently.

The baseplate on the magazine I carry in my pistol daily began showing signs of wear and was protruding a little as if it it was about to come off. It seems the plastic from which the baseplate is made weakened over time from being loaded constantly. I was perplexed, as I've never seen this happen with any magazine.

As such, I have changed my baseplates and springs back to the Sig OEM.

The modification functions well, but I have found there is an issue keeping a Magguts modded magazine loaded long term. It seems the baseplates aren't made for that.

Sorry for bringing back an old topic, but I thought it important to share this information.

User Tag List