Thread: Farmers Market/ road side stands

Farmers Market/ road side stands

Where Im at a lot of produce sold now is imported from another State. Stopped by yesterday succulent peaches, dark red sweet watermelon, humongous bell peppers, fresh green beans plus a bunch of great looking stuff I didnt purchase.
    Also got the bad news my States peach tree population got hit by frost. Thats a real shame as local is better than Georgia Peaches.
    100% always better than the local grocery store.
    Anybody else taking advantage of these early season delicacies?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Strawberries. We lost our normal farm. I dunno if Covid killed it or what, but they're not selling anything this year. Fortunately, we have another one nearby with good pick your own. I think we've spent about $100 so far this year on strawberries. Some are now jam. Most just eaten fresh. We really need to start our own patch.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Strawberries. We lost our normal farm. I dunno if Covid killed it or what, but they're not selling anything this year. Fortunately, we have another one nearby with good pick your own. I think we've spent about $100 so far this year on strawberries. Some are now jam. Most just eaten fresh. We really need to start our own patch.
    That reminds me I know of a winery that lets you pick blackberries and keep half the rest going to the winery. Havent done that since my children were little. They always ended up in cobblers.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List