Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADVICE ON WHAT TO SELL OR KEEP

The 9mm Glocks will bring the biggest "return on investment" in today's market, and are arguably the easiest to replace, should you decide you need new versions later. I wouldn't part with an FAL of any flavor (assuming it's reliable and accurate) unless you've decided definitively you're completely done with them. The Mk23's are always unicorns - worth big money to the right collector, very hard to replace. The market on other HK pistols is hit and miss - not sure you'll see a lot of return there.

Any/all of those revolvers should bring a nice return, especially if you posted them here (hint, hint).

PS - Dibs on the WC GP100

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

PS - Dibs on the WC GP100
    D'oh! Beat me to it.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It seems like good condition S&W revolvers are bringing a premium right now. The Ruger Alaskan could also be a hot ticket.

I looked at blued/nickel S&W 357s last night, the prices, whats actually getting bids, seemed to have flattened out since the last time I looked a month or two ago. The 19s and 27s seemed like close to what was common a year or so ago, with lots of optimistic sellers with high prices sitting with no bids. The LNIB older guns, shorter barrels for the model, and uncommon guns were still at somewhat of a premium, but thats not unusual
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Since you aren't using them for your carry guns I say sell the Glocks now and replace them later when things settle down with gen5s.

As to how, fortunately I have a very active local forum with a lot of long term members where I can usually sell about any gun easily and not have to deal with the general gun buying public.

Good luck!

On the question of "how" to sell firearms, it depends on your locality. General rules for me: Interstate sales go through their FFL, no questions asked. Anyone who wants a "direct" sale interstate goes onto me list of buyers to avoid. Might be technically legal for long guns, but it's just too much hassle for me to deal with. In-state person-to-person transfers are with folks who can produce a current, valid State CHL; and we meet in the parking lot of a jointly convenient police department. Again, I know the CHL isn't required in a lot of places, and is only a snapshot of what was true when the buyer got the license, but it's an added safety blanket for me.

A lot of times, you'll get a good feel for potential buyers through initial communication, anyone who makes my "radar" ding during an initial conversation (e-mail, text or voice) and I politely decline to deal with them.

I've been lucky in the last couple of years to only be selling stuff that either brought a premium price on Gunbroker, sold to a trusted person on this forum, or sold to friends. I haven't done an Armslist or other posting in I don't know how long...

At present I am selling some on GunBroker. My local shop has gotten pricier on their consignment fees and harder to deal with.

Site Supporter
    If those gen3 Glocks are MA? compliant you might be able to move them all at once to a MA dealer. I think someone posted their experiences here a while ago, but of course I can't find it...
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    If those gen3 Glocks are MA? compliant you might be able to move them all at once to a MA dealer. I think someone posted their experiences here a while ago, but of course I can't find it...
    IIRC, that was @Doc_Glock, and a stash of 4 or so early gen G19s.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    IIRC, that was @Doc_Glock, and a stash of 4 or so early gen G19s.
    They have to be Gen 2 and before a certain serial number to qualify for MA.

I have 2 G19 Gen 3s and a Gen 3 G26 that I’d like to send to new homes, as I just prefer my non-finger groove Gen 5 models. What is the best and safest way to go about selling them? I feel like I’d lose my shirt trying to trade them in for a gun at the gun store.

User Tag List