Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman bravely saves bear from PUGS

#RESIST

Teenage girl actually. Mamma bear is no match for mamma girl.

Evidently the big dog was a medical help dog for her mom and the bear was going after the "baby" dog so she wasn't going to let that happen!
    Not all super heroes wear capes.

Wow! She played on the bear's balance on the wall. Very brazen of her. Glad she came on without a scratch. Looks like the big dog may have taken a nasty fist full of claws to the face.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Impressive.

When I had a big sow and cub doing the balance beam act on my deck railing, (trying to get to some feeders I had suspended between the deck and trees back then), I just encouraged them to leave. (They took their time.)

I don't keep feeders anymore after several bear visits over a couple of years. (They rarely made any sort of mess, I'll give them that.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That girl was VERY lucky. I won't go hands-on with a bear for a dog. Dogs in my world are treated as adults, not fur babies, so if they decided to get into trouble like that they're on their own. Of course, every dog I have had has been thoroughly trained in "leave it" and as soon as it left my lips they stopped the bullshit. I never had an issue with them getting into it with bears, moose, or porcupines. I have a different view point about dogs, so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Wow! She played on the bear's balance on the wall. Very brazen of her. Glad she came on without a scratch. Looks like the big dog may have taken a nasty fist full of claws to the face.
    And if that bear had not been task saturated, she could have wound up with an identical fist full. Yikes.

Bravery and stupidity are close bedfellows.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

On the flip side my mom as an old lady beat the crap out of two rottweilers attacking a cat with a stick. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    On the flip side my mom as an old lady beat the crap out of two rottweilers attacking a cat with a stick. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
    Fuck that... Cats with sticks can usually hold their own.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I was surprised the rotties used a stick.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List