Thread: Another Lightbulb moment

Another Lightbulb moment

Well my journey to get 2 hits on the 3x5 in under 2 seconds at 7yds has taken a turn for the better. After re-reading the P30 endurance test for fun (slow work day), I came across a comment made by Todd in reference to the Scott Warren grip. http://pistol-training.com/archives/2105 This led to a google search for an image and brought me here to post #12... http://www.firearmstrainingandtactic...?t=1065&page=2 For me, the simple act of making contact with my thumb and index finger on my left hand has shown some dramatic results for me. Previously I was getting in the range of 1.7 time to first hit on the FAST, and struggling to get the 3x5 split under .50 sec. With limited time and range trips over the past several weeks I have been trying this off the clock. Today at the range I was getting first hit under 1.6 with splits to the 3x5 in the .35 range. My bill drill from AIWB was previously in the 2.65 range with 1 to 2 misses, tonight I was in the 2.2 range clean. Now certainly several good range sessions are not the be all, end all to declaring this a winner, but it certainly warrants more shooting. I honestly have never felt this much visually in control of my gun before, the sights were simply there for the follow up shot. The FAST time I was able to record was 4.74 //1.62/.36/2.05/.22/.26/.23 It seems like the muscle tension changes and puts more lateral pressure on the grip. I have always formed a type of "C-clamp" with my support hand, but this adds a new level of control for me. It also seems to steer the muzzle in a more consistent manor. Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just jacked about having a really good range session.
    Taking a break from social media.

Interesting, I'm gonna have to experiment with that.

User Tag List