Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI agent arrested in shooting

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    If the article is accurate in its account that shootee was walking away and turned back to reengage after a "Watch your mouth" comment, there is a lesson to be learned from that. If dude is walking away, just let him go.
    That was my immediate thought as well, but as I'm not LE I didn't want to comment. As I am just a normal civilian I would be perfectly content with the "walked away" scenario and leave it at that. But if I was LE perhaps I would be concerned about who the next target was for this guy and not just be satisfied that he was now someone else's problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Wonder if this wasn't a good time for some OC.
    In a closed subway car? I can see downsides to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    One of those occasions where a sap might have been handy (for more precise targeting).

(I am not second guessing the shoot and have not researched the matter. Strictly replying in regard to the tools which might be brought into play.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    How persuasive? An Emerson folder was involved.
    As I know nothing about the subject incident, my comment is my limited experience is more people are deterred by knives that by guns. Perhaps sample bias or perhaps something psychological about being cut/stabbed, but knives can (not will) have deterrent value.

As far as aggressive panhandling, I tend to make fuel stops when most are asleep, say 3:30 AM. More than once I have had to be firm when responding to pleas for money and/or valuables. Head on a swivel and appropriate mindset are as important as tools. I have a usual station I use due to location on a US HWY, road access, and lighting. About once every few months, I have to deal with panhandling.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    That was my immediate thought as well, but as I'm not LE I didn't want to comment. As I am just a normal civilian I would be perfectly content with the "walked away" scenario and leave it at that. But if I was LE perhaps I would be concerned about who the next target was for this guy and not just be satisfied that he was now someone else's problem.
    It's easy for me to type as I am not involved, but I try to remind myself to either deal with it or let it go.

If you play on the double yellows you risk getting hit by traffic in both directions.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'd rather fade heat for spraying OC in a train car than for an indicted shooting...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I'd rather fade heat for spraying OC in a train car than for an indicted shooting...
    Yup.

For awhile there, Metro had a policy that basically encouraged LEO's to ride (here's an article from 2012 where they talk about showing creds to ride free of charge https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9c5_story.html). I am wondering if this shows a sea-change in that attitude from Metro leadership. I never used creds to ride free, but I definitely had some interesting interactions with folks while riding the metro home late at night after dropping off my govvy but while still wearing all my work kit.
    Last edited by JDD; 06-02-2021 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added link

Only going on the very sketchy information we have, that would be a pretty sketchy defense and not one I'd want to depend on.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Only going on the very sketchy information we have, that would be a pretty sketchy defense and not one I'd want to depend on.
    He'll have the best attorney his union can afford.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List