Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake suppressor, nothing or ?????

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
    ...Hopefully some of you guys that have been in the suppressor game for a while have an idea...
    I've been shooting suppressed for a few years. In fact, since getting suppressors, I've shot more rounds suppressed than unsuppressed.

Bottom line- It's much easier to just leave the suppressor on the AR and never shoot it unsuppressed again. Period. Yes, the AR will fit in a little itty-bitty fanny pack better if the suppressor is removed, but that's a job for a folding stock lower and an entirely different upper.

Truth is, you're not gonna swap the suppressor around. The first AR you're gonna is the one with the suppressor. The second AR you shoot will also be suppressed- if you have a second suppressor. If you don't, the second AR will be unsuppressed because the suppressor on the first AR will be hotter than a two dollar pistol on a Saturday night in the bad part of town. Unless you want to play the dunk it in a water bucket game you ain't gonna wait for it to cool off to start shooting again.

You could try gaming the system and get a fake suppressor (and the Rainbow Brite boxers that goes with it). Or a bloop tube. Or some other Bubbastein extension. But, after screwing on and torquing said device with a strap wrench, then retorquing when it loosens up after just enough rounds to get it hot enough to melt the strap wrench, you'll ask yourself (while holding up your colorful boxers) "Self, why did I want to shoot without a suppressor?"

Or, you can skip all that woke-dick drama, go commando and leave the suppressor mounted.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I move my suppressor from rifle to rifle all the time. However all mine are set up with Griffin taper comps and I don't have any under the hand guard set ups.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I've been shooting suppressed for a few years. In fact, since getting suppressors, I've shot more rounds suppressed than unsuppressed.

Bottom line- It's much easier to just leave the suppressor on the AR and never shoot it unsuppressed again. Period. Yes, the AR will fit in a little itty-bitty fanny pack better if the suppressor is removed, but that's a job for a folding stock lower and an entirely different upper.

Truth is, you're not gonna swap the suppressor around. The first AR you're gonna is the one with the suppressor. The second AR you shoot will also be suppressed- if you have a second suppressor. If you don't, the second AR will be unsuppressed because the suppressor on the first AR will be hotter than a two dollar pistol on a Saturday night in the bad part of town. Unless you want to play the dunk it in a water bucket game you ain't gonna wait for it to cool off to start shooting again.

You could try gaming the system and get a fake suppressor (and the Rainbow Brite boxers that goes with it). Or a bloop tube. Or some other Bubbastein extension. But, after screwing on and torquing said device with a strap wrench, then retorquing when it loosens up after just enough rounds to get it hot enough to melt the strap wrench, you'll ask yourself (while holding up your colorful boxers) "Self, why did I want to shoot without a suppressor?"

Or, you can skip all that woke-dick drama, go commando and leave the suppressor mounted.
    That's some funny shit right there. I took my can out for the first time yesterday and I switched it between my UMP (GIdeon shadow) the 300 and my FNX. Shot some clay pigeons between while it cooled a bit and used my welding gloves to swap mounts. It was kind of a PIA but not too bad, I'm sure eventually I will get a 30 cal can for the 300. Honestly after shooting the UMP suppressed, I don't really want to shoot anything else ever again!!

User Tag List