Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Are BUIS necessary on a defensive pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I guess that would be a clue to transition over!
    Ironically, I saw three sight system failures (including mine) that weekend. One shooter had his RDS fly off the slide of his pistol (during the drill prior to mine launching), and the day before another guy's front sight went walkabout (he finished the class without it, without further issues).

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Ironically, I saw three sight system failures (including mine) that weekend. One shooter had his RDS fly off the slide of his pistol (during the drill prior to mine launching), and the day before another guy's front sight went walkabout (he finished the class without it, without further issues).
    What do you attribute the three red dots coming off the slides from? Bad hardware? Hopefully no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    What do you attribute the three red dots coming off the slides from? Bad hardware? Hopefully no one was hurt.
    I can't speak to the other fellow, as I didn't see the specific failure point, but mine was just not enough thread engagement surface, i.e. screws were too short. I've since ordered longer screws.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Saw a guy just have his dot cease to exist yesterday in a match. One data point in a game.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Saw a guy just have his dot cease to exist yesterday in a match. One data point in a game.

what optic?

Site Supporter
    Don't know. It was a small one. Didn't think to ask. Just saw the guy do the dot dance and say it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Don't know. It was a small one. Didn't think to ask. Just saw the guy do the dot dance and say it failed.
    What did he do after the dot failed, finish the stage or stop?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List