Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideal Mix of Carbines. What Are They?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range & Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!
    ...12 guage auto loddah, long schlide 45 wid lazer sighting, fully automatic UZI....

Or some sort of chopped lever action carbine with an oversized ring so you can spin load it one handed while on a motorcycle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If hunting regulations allow it, then a 9mm submachine gun with a red dot and the ability to accept a suppressor is all I need. Add the suppressor and it's good to go. I know lots of folks are all about that MP5 (for good reason), but I'd prefer a Sterling. Sterling mags are ridiculously reliable and durable and overall it's only slightly more complicated than a shovel to use. The folding stock works fine and allows the whole thing to be folded up into a package more compact than an MP5.

In real life you typically cannot hunt with a machine gun or with a gun chambered in a pistol caliber. So, add in a .300 Blackout rifle/pistol/SBR of some variety and you're pretty much good to go.
    16” AR upper in 5.56 and another in 6.8SPC II, Marlin 1894 in .357, and a .22LR - many will work, such as the ubiquitous Marlin 60 and Ruger 10/22, or a 15/22, or dedicated AR upper. 20” AR in 5.56 because reasons.

A .300 Blackout pistol with a suppressor would not be thrown away, but I’ll not likely seek one out, either.
    Last edited by Duelist; 05-31-2021 at 03:31 PM.

I’m not sure if this is a serious topic, but the one you have. Plus a spare, or many spares. A 300 BO pistol is super handy, see last year’s Rattler and PDW threads.

Can we go back to 9mm vs. 45 ACP now?

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Can we go back to 9mm vs. 45 ACP now?
    Ya know, they really could end the whole debate by just coming up with something right in the middle, say around 40 cal, and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If hunting regulations allow it, then a 9mm submachine gun with a red dot and the ability to accept a suppressor is all I need. Add the suppressor and it's good to go. I know lots of folks are all about that MP5 (for good reason), but I'd prefer a Sterling. Sterling mags are ridiculously reliable and durable and overall it's only slightly more complicated than a shovel to use. The folding stock works fine and allows the whole thing to be folded up into a package more compact than an MP5.

In real life you typically cannot hunt with a machine gun or with a gun chambered in a pistol caliber. So, add in a .300 Blackout rifle/pistol/SBR of some variety and you're pretty much good to go.
    I hate to once again shit in your corn flakes about your upcoming move to WA, but hunting rifles are required to have a 16" barrel and we can't, legally, own full autos.

If money was infinite like mentioned in the OP then I would just have numerous carbines of all sizes, because why not. I think a more interesting question is what would the ideal be if you could only have one for everything, and my answer would probably be:
    -14.5" or 16" mid-length using a lightweight profile like the BCM BFH ELW or the Criterion CORE
    -handguard as long as possible and skinny with mlok like the BCM MCMR or Centurion CMR
    -high quality bcg, my current favorite is the Microbest one made to SOLGW spec)
    -radian raptor or Geissele sch charging handle
    -A5 buffer tube assembly with A5H2
    -B5 sopmod stock or Magpul CTR
    -Larue MBT2S
    -Radian talon Ambi safety

I'm not sure what muzzle device I would want, it would depend where I am I suppose, but I would probably lean towards a hybrid flash-comp, maybe like the FCD 6315.

For sighting, I would go with a LPVO or MPVO, such as from the Vortex Viper PST II series, plus an offset red dot.

Sling of choice would be a VTAC wide padded sling with metal hardware.

Light would either be a modlite plhv2 or cloud rein (probably the rein micro to keep weight down).

My ideal mix of carbines?

M1 carbine, leaf sight, no bayonet lug.
    M1 carbine, bayonet lug and adjustable rear sight.
    M1A1 carbine with folding stock.
    M2 select fire carbine................
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Loose conversation starter. If you have no money restrictions, what’s your ideal mix of carbines and why?
    If I have no money restrictions, then my first step would be starting up a C2 SOT for some post-samples.

Let's see....

-CZ 527 in 300BO
    -Colt XM177 selective fire
    -Lever action 16" something in .32-20win
    -Swede m/1894 6.5*55 carbine
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List