Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C&H Precision Speed Feed EDC - Polymer - Initial Impressions

I really do see the benefit of this, but I keep choking on the cost - $47.04 shipped?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really do see the benefit of this, but I keep choking on the cost - $47.04 shipped?
    For the plastic version, that really does seem steep.

Personally, I've gone to just using the Glockmeister plugs, since they fill in the whole half moon cut, and don't have any sharp edges to catch the mag lips/top round on unlike others I've seen/used. They don't have a "funnel" shape, but they do have a far more rounded shape than something like the Ghost or Pearce plugs. Biggest down side is you cant use the OEM backstraps unless you cut the bottom off them. If this new plug was closer in line with Glockmeister pricing, I'd have to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    For the plastic version, that really does seem steep.

Personally, I've gone to just using the Glockmeister plugs, since they fill in the whole half moon cut, and don't have any sharp edges to catch the mag lips/top round on unlike others I've seen/used. They don't have a "funnel" shape, but they do have a far more rounded shape than something like the Ghost or Pearce plugs. Biggest down side is you cant use the OEM backstraps unless you cut the bottom off them. If this new plug was closer in line with Glockmeister pricing, I'd have to give it a shot.
    Glockstore's "Thug Plug" is what I've used, for a brass option. $29.95 + shipping, weights 2.3 oz. I filed mine down on the inward side a while ago to provide a ramp of a kind for reloads.

https://www.glockstore.com/Thug-Plug...=1&custcol8=16

But yeah $47 or whatever for a polymer Glock grip plug, however functional? And there doesn't seem to have been any nonrecurring R&D costs to recover in production? Hmmm. But hey it's a free market out there.

CHPWS is running a sale on these right now, 20% off brass and polymer and 10% off aluminum. I think it ends at midnight tonight.

I purchased one brass and one polymer (before the sale of course) and they arrived last week. I am extremely impressed with the fit of both, it is what every grip plug should be, and pretty much exactly how I had planned to design one myself before remembering this thread. I run FCD plates on my MOS Glocks and I have no desire to use any CHPWS services based on everything I've read, but I'm not aware of any grip plug on the market that is comparable, so I'm ordering a couple more. Now I just have to wait for a sale on Talons since I'm going to have to replace those to install the plugs on my other guns.

Name:  plug.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  66.8 KB

I bought two of the polymer plugs for my G5 23 pistols and an very pleased with their fit and function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I ordered four polymer ones (2 for 45s and 2 for 19s) and was sent the correct part for the 45s but aluminum for the 19s. It is VERY difficult to tell them apart, and even harder while they are still in the packaging since I didn’t see that marked anywhere on the packaging, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens often.

The retailer I ordered from is taking care of me and I’ll have the right ones in hand soon, but it was nice to have a chance to check both out.

After handling both I really like the polymer version. It gives a better funnel than the usual plug I use and has enough space to strip a mag if needed. The only negative is that I can’t help but feel it costs a little more than a piece of plastic should.

The aluminum does everything the plastic one does at double the price. I’d say the only advantage is that the screw is a little easier to get started since it’s actually threaded, but that isn’t a big deal at all and the aluminum ones are a hard pass for me.

I guess if you use backstraps then this is prob the best solution but 35 bucks for a plastic plug? Hard pass

Glockmeister plug for 7 bucks (if you don’t use bacstraps) is functionally the same.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I guess if you use backstraps then this is prob the best solution but 35 bucks for a plastic plug? Hard pass

Glockmeister plug for 7 bucks (if you don’t use bacstraps) is functionally the same.
    I’ve always used Glockmeister plugs also, but I wouldn’t say they are functionally the same. The Speed Feed is better… but is it 5x better? Almost certainly not.

In the grand scheme of things it’s still a pretty relatively low priced item and I’d probably spend the $25 difference on way dumber shit anyways so I’m glad I ordered them.

For anybody looking to pick one up Big Tex Ordnance carries them and always has some type of discount code available.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I’ve always used Glockmeister plugs also, but I wouldn’t say they are functionally the same. The Speed Feed is better… but is it 5x better? Almost certainly not.
    I get preferences and that better is a subjective thing but honestly I don’t see how it would be functional different, with the gen 5 Glocks and the mag well it is almost comical how easy they are to reload. Just throw the mag in the vicinity and it goes in.

It’s only 30 bucks but couple that with the way the company does business and it’s just not appealing.

If you got a quick pic comparing them that would be great for people to see the difference.

I purchased two of these when they were on sale. The one for my 19 has paid dividends. I carry concealed daily for work and the 19 is a gun i have always struggled with concerning reloads at speed. The fact that i don't extend the guns footprint with a magwell and i still have an assist on reloading quickly is a positive. I have improved in consistent reloads with this item. I carried a Seattle Slug with my old 23 for nearly 2 decades and was super fast with that system. I wish they could have extended the speed feed a bit more to mimic the slug but it is what it is. On my 17, which really only comes out for specific work events, i don't see as much of a benefit from the SF. I guess it is the longer grip and longer mags maybe? Either way for me the SF was a good purchase.

User Tag List