Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C&H Precision Speed Feed EDC - Polymer - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Realistically? It offers CHPWS an opportunity to continue to ignore quality control and customer service issues, by focusing on a new product, instead of fixing issues with existing ones.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....2-CHPWS-Issues <-Not the first or only thread out there on the internet with the same issues.
    Sounds about right.

I'm half amazed that they're selling a 40 cent piece of 3D printed plastic with an 8 cent screw and charging close to $30 for it as something innovative when similar products costing about $3 have been around for years. Hell, the MagPul GL is only $25.

They also ripped off Robin Taylor's Seattle Slug (the brass and aluminum plugs) which has always cost around $35 and are charging (gasp) $100 more for it.

Unreal...

I get the CHPWS hate and wouldn't send them a gun or slide to work on but this product in particular has nothing to do with their milling services.

The price point is faintly ridiculous especially in the brass version but realistically speaking they have not done anything that another company can't do. If the market will support it someone else will undercut their price. The idea of making a gen4/5 compatible grip plug out of brass, flush with the grip, with a good contour in the back that is conducive to fast reloads, is not some kind of crazy invention but somehow they were still first to market.

The Seattle slug has been around forever but it extends out the bottom of the gun which makes it not USPSA legal AFAIK. Last I looked they're also not that easy to get a hold of anymore, and I don't think they make them for gen 4 or gen 5 guns.

I bought one of the 3d printed ones and will probably end up drilling holes in it and stuffing it with tungsten weights or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Realistically? It offers CHPWS an opportunity to continue to ignore quality control and customer service issues, by focusing on a new product, instead of fixing issues with existing ones.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....2-CHPWS-Issues <-Not the first or only thread out there on the internet with the same issues.
    Still haven't heard back from them by the way. I'll e-mail the address in the quoted facebook post.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I returned a CORE slide three times, when their plate for a 509T, installed by them, kept coming loose. I finally emailed Buck, and he responded immediately, asking me to return the entire pistol and optic at their cost. He personally fit the plate, test fired it, and the pistol is on the way back to me. I am hoping the fourth time is the charm, but I can’t fault Buck, as he was very responsive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ll chime in here. The design requirements/concept for the grip plug was my idea, but C&H Precision took those concepts and created a product from it. I have no affiliation to the business, am not paid by C&H, and have no insights to their cost/markup/pricing or customer service. The business is local to me, and the owner and his son belong to the same gun club, shoot the same local matches, and are genuinely good people who want to do the best they can for the gun community, military, and law enforcement. I will say that they have grown exponentially fast. When I went there 6-9 months ago for the first time, they had a few teenage-young adult kids running a handful of CNC machines, and now they’ve expanded into multiple buildings with massive machinery going in every month. They also seem to be hiring new personnel every day to keep up with demand.

As for the grip plug, the reason I went to C&H with the design concept was because nothing out there was perfect. I’ve been a Glock shooter my entire uspsa career, achieved GM with a gen4 Glock and have had multiple top 16 finishes with a Glock. Most of the forum is familiar with my shooting background, but may not be aware of how exclusively ive shot glocks and experimented with making them competitive in a steel frame DA/SA world. I’ve tried every product on the market for filling that magwell gap, and all of them come up short.

Most plugs leave a hard ledge at the back of the magwell or incorporated a hard ledge themselves (Pearce). Most are not compatible with gen4 and 5 backstraps. Only the glockstore thug plug was made of brass, but it is not compatible with back straps. The Seattle slug sticks out the bottom and is illegal for uspsa/idpa, only ever made for gen3’s, and not available anymore. People used to pay $100+ to have a permanent modification to their frame called a sevigny speedway, where an epoxy was inserted in the backstrap and a smooth ramp was created similar to the C&H precision profile. One of the local GM’s in my area and FAST coin holder still has the sevigny speedway mod done to all his guns. This plug gives the same profile but is removable and not permanent. If you get the same mileage out of a cheaper plastic plug, go that route. But this plug from C&H helps me get a 40 oz glock and an ultra forgiving magwell profile.
    Last edited by Gio; 05-31-2021 at 02:41 PM.

@Gio

I'm in no way knocking the design (it's not new...Taylor was willing to make the Slug Plug flush if you asked).

My critique is regarding the price and the marketing. Hopefully the market will sort that out.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    @Gio

I'm in no way knocking the design (it's not new...Taylor was willing to make the Slug Plug flush if you asked).

My critique is regarding the price and the marketing. Hopefully the market will sort that out.
    Yea I get that with pricing.

Unfortunately, Robin Taylor missed the boat a bit. I remember him saying a gen4 version was coming for years. I contacted him personally and asked him to make one for gen4’s, but I think he moved on to other projects and never revisited Glock mods.

Gio, props to your idea of a better grip plug for guys that run backstraps. I hope you hold the intellectual property rights for your design because it should belong to you.

I don’t have a use for a different grip plug as I use a glockmeister(sp) and a cut down medium backstrap, but I like seeing a option that is similar for folks who do run a blackstrap. $30 bucks may be high for a plastic piece but let’s be honest we all have wasted way more money on crappy gun accessories.

Here’s some pics of the polymer and brass versions in my guns:

Name:  ABC4F58A-3083-4B91-93A9-0938D6B65EF5.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  15.1 KB

Name:  EDEEC96D-2F46-4D45-9F81-372BABBB8404.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  32.2 KB

I helped with their marketing video as well, and we unintentionally got a great slow motion shot of the ramp design working as designed at around the 00:16 mark on an unloaded start where I bounced the back of the magazine off the speed feed ramp. 50/50 chance that would have gotten hung up on the case rim of the top round in the mag by catching on the hard ledge inside the grip if there was no plug or a plug that doesn’t form a seamless transition like the Pearce.

Just a quick follow up on the missing Speed Feed:

I contacted CH on Tuesday and had an almost immediate reply. They shipped me the missing plug the same day it went from GA to CA in three days. It was the same quality as the first plug and fit right into my 17 Gen 5 with an added backstrap.

I realize it is a bit more than some other plugs on the market, but for those that are saying they can't see why less than a dollar's worth of plastic cost so much, they are not buying the machine that makes it, paying someone to run it, buying the raw materials, paying rent, paying utilities, paying insurance, paying R&D and on and on. It is not as simple and taking a Bic lighter and melting some plastic into place.

Like I said previously, I don't mind being the beta tester. I have honestly reported out what I observed. I hope if more people buy these, the price will come down. It is extremely hard to buy Gen 5's in CA and I am trying to source 19 right now. If I am successful I will add a Speed Feed plug to that gun as well. That is how much I like this product.

I am only comment on the Speed Feed Polymer Plug and not anything else offered by C&H.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 06-06-2021 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Too much scotch.

User Tag List