Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: C&H Precision Speed Feed EDC - Polymer - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I get preferences and that better is a subjective thing but honestly I don’t see how it would be functional different, with the gen 5 Glocks and the mag well it is almost comical how easy they are to reload. Just throw the mag in the vicinity and it goes in.

It’s only 30 bucks but couple that with the way the company does business and it’s just not appealing.

If you got a quick pic comparing them that would be great for people to see the difference.
    I wouldn't necessarily say it is a matter of preference. The Speed Feed is objectively better than the Glockmeister plug, but only slightly. It would be up to the individual to decide if the "more better" is worth more money.

I got my Glock 19 models in the mail today so snapped some pictures while I was installing them.

This picture shows the installed speed feed (Glock 45) on the left next to a Glockmeister plug (Glock 19) on the right.

Name:  IMG_4615.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  31.0 KB

The ramp in the back gives you quite a bit more distance towards the back of the grip where the mag will still be funneled into position. The Glockmeister doesn't necessarily impede the magazine should it contact in that area and it will still slide forward, but it doesn't push it 'in" to the same degree. I haven't ever had issues missing with mags in that specific direction where it wasn't still close enough to go home, but it IS an improvement.

You can also see that the Speed Feed has a more precise fit. Once installed, there is no play at all where the Glockmeister does have a little wiggle. I don't think this really has any affect on function, but the tighter tolerances are nice considering the higher price.

The next photo shows each pistol (in the same order) with a flush magazine inserted.

Name:  IMG_4616.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  41.7 KB

You can see that the Speed Feed provides a lot more space for you to get your thumb in to strip a stuck mag, which in my opinion is the biggest improvement.

The next two photos show how much of my thumb I'm able to get into the gap to grab the magazine.

Speed Feed:
    Name:  IMG_4617.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  42.4 KB

Glockmeister:
    Name:  IMG_4618.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  44.5 KB

Is using the Glockmeister instead of the Speed Feed going to get you killed or make you lose a match? Definitely not. Should you ditch Glockmeister plugs that you already have to replace them with these? Probably not since you already have a workable solution. Would I recommend someone who is buying for the first time to spend the little extra and get this instead of the Glocmeister? Definitely.

I do share your concerns with CHPWS as a company, and that is why I waited quite a while to buy them. I purchased mine from Big Tex since I wouldn't be stuck with CHPWS's crappy customer service if something went wrong or I didn't like them. Unfortunately, I did have an issue but they got it resolved easily and quickly. There is zero chance I'd send CHPWS one of my guns/slides for them to perform work on, but I don't have a problem giving them money for innovative products as long as I know I'll be taken care of if something isn't right.

Thanks for the pics, I see your point. Seems like prob one of the best plug designs out there.

FYI - these are on sale for 50% off through the end of the year. I’ve been wanting to try them on my 19 and 45, but the price was scaring me off. Ordered.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    FYI - these are on sale for 50% off through the end of the year. I’ve been wanting to try them on my 19 and 45, but the price was scaring me off. Ordered.
    Awesome, order placed. I liked them at full price and even more now at half off!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Thank you for the tip. Ordered the 2 I wanted.

I installed these in my 19.5 and 45. My impressions are favorable - they do seem to make reloads a little more foolproof compared to the simple plugs I had in them before. I wonder if they will expand the polymer line to fit the 26 size guns?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Put mine in this morning. Will head to the range tomorrow but some dry fire/ reload reps this morning showed nothing but favorable results.
    Name:  8C375643-2878-45D3-AB20-BB5AEB56ABE6.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  44.3 KB

CHPWS has the Speed Feed on sale. Is it worth the extra $47 to go with the brass vs the polymer?
    I do run a TLR-1 on my iron sight G34.3 because I like the extra weight, so I'm thinking the brass should help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    CHPWS has the Speed Feed on sale. Is it worth the extra $47 to go with the brass vs the polymer?
    I do run a TLR-1 on my iron sight G34.3 because I like the extra weight, so I'm thinking the brass should help too.
    If the weight is desirable, then IMO yes. I personally prefer the polymer, but then again I haven’t tried the brass.
    Ken

I'd personally like the brass one but the original asking price of $150 was absurd.

That said they are currenty asking $60 for it which is IMO much much more reasonable and at that price I might try one.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 06-20-2022 at 09:33 PM.

User Tag List