Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unholy Union of Blade-Tech and Safariland

Blade-Tech Tek-Mount: The Unholy Union of Blade-Tech and Safariland

I got an email from Blade-Tech announcing a new quick release attachment called the Tek-Mount. They seem to be embracing compatibility with Safariland and are claiming a better mousetrap than the Safariland QLS system. I'll admit that I'm a fan of the tek-lok and BT's Stingray Belt Loop, but I was pissed off when they stopped making light bearing holsters and flashlight pouches. I like the cant adjustability, but I'm worried it won't be as robust against a grab as the proven QLS. The cost of the disk that goes on the holster side is significantly less. As someone who uses the weird combination of the high ride UBL with the concealment version of Safariland's ALS holster (higher mounting holes than the duty version), this is tempting to me. I like the holster opening even with the belt and want nothing to do with leg straps.

https://blade-tech.com/products/tek-mount

Name:  2022-11-04 11_07_29-Tek-Mount (Quick Connect Mounting System) and 10 more pages - Personal - Mic.jpg
Views: 2898
Size:  26.7 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 11-08-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Made title more reflective of content.

What is your intended use? Is this for exposed, duty carry? If so, get one, mount it and have a fat man or DT guy yank on in with an unloaded gun in it while you roll around like mating walruses at the mat room. If it and you both survive said test, it merits further review. Your concerns re quick-attach systems are well founded after that San Diego PD shooting where the G-Code RTS system failed so spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    What is your intended use? Is this for exposed, duty carry? If so, get one, mount it and have a fat man or DT guy yank on in with an unloaded gun in it while you roll around like mating walruses at the mat room. If it and you both survive said test, it merits further review. Your concerns re quick-attach systems are well founded after that San Diego PD shooting where the G-Code RTS system failed so spectacularly.
    Unfortunately, I don't have R&D in my budget and will have to wait patiently for some vetting. I mainly thought it would be a good discussion to bring up here as we have best of the best holster makers on the forum and it's been a while since a new system has been introduced. I'm not a LEO anymore and now just use Safariland holsters on the range because I just cant quit them. I love knowing the gun is locked in with the ALS.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    No idea of the quality, usability or durability of this product (and I have owned several Blade -Tech products over the years). Just keep in mind that Safariland is pretty blunt that using ANY aftermarket accessories/attachments with their holsters voids the warranty. Kinda made anything aftermarket a no-go for duty use for us. But as a private citizen consumer if this doesn't bother you....rock on.

I can see this as fixing a problem with using two different centerfire pistols in Steel Challenge stages with their own dedicated holsters.

Unless one wants to switch out belt systems, this seems like a good solution to quick-changing with non-Safariland pattern holsters at the safety table, without resorting to clunky QLS adaptors.

The adjustable cant is also possibly a useful competition feature.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    No idea of the quality, usability or durability of this product (and I have owned several Blade -Tech products over the years). Just keep in mind that Safariland is pretty blunt that using ANY aftermarket accessories/attachments with their holsters voids the warranty. Kinda made anything aftermarket a no-go for duty use for us. But as a private citizen consumer if this doesn't bother you....rock on.
    How much have you guys had to use the warranty? It's only good for 2 years.

Would you happen to have a link to that event?
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not at the moment. It was two coppers who took on a guy for I believe an open container in public and he started fighting them. He was able to rip off one coppers holster and pistol during the fight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not at the moment. It was two coppers who took on a guy for I believe an open container in public and he started fighting them. He was able to rip off one coppers holster and pistol during the fight.
    For clarity, the Officer had adapted a Safariland duty holster to the G-code RTI QD hanger system.

I recall wondering if he did that because the Safariland holster was Dept mandated.,

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    How much have you guys had to use the warranty? It's only good for 2 years.
    Rarely had to do warranty stuff with Safarand products for years. In my last couple of years though, we were flat out sending batches of holster back, as Safariland made more rolling changes in their ALS line than Gen4 Glocks. Terrible fit issues.

My concerns are more with incidents like the one mentioned by @paherne and @HCM. For an issued, mandated holster (like ours) using an accessory that the manufacturer TELLS YOU will void the warranty is just a flat no go for liability reasons.

User Tag List