Thread: Will k frame comp2s work with a detective special

Will k frame comp2s work with a detective special

Asking for a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Asking for a friend?
    nope, mine won't

Nope too big

Ok, thanks

Not sure why Comp IIs won’t work, but Comp IIIs and HKSs work fine. That’s one reason the D-frame snub was a popular backup to the K-frame service revolver in the prior century.

Site Supporter
    My K-frame Comp II’s will work with my Detective Special. Those are the speedloaders I keep with it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

They work - sort of. They'll fit if you hold your mouth right, but 7 out of 10 times they just won't go in far enough to activate.

Colts like a bit more "wiggle" in the bullets to drop free. The HKS DS loader is the best available for a Colt. The HKS M10 holds bullets rigid like the Comp and suffers the same problem. The HKS DS loader can be used with a K-Frame usually without too much issue.

Long short:

K-Frame loader in Colt generally is a No Go; D-Frame loader in Smith is okay.

Site Supporter
    I just tried my Comp II speedloaders in my Dan Wesson, and they do work much more easily than they do in the Detective Special. I am back to using the HKS DS speedloaders with the Detective Special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List