Thread: That last glass of whiskey...

That last glass of whiskey...

While on gunbroker

$405 shipped
    Name:  20210529_153114.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  41.0 KB
    10-5
    Tightest revolver I have. The trigger is pretty stiff but it feels like it's stiff due to gunk.

It will be my dedicated fannypack gun

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    While on gunbroker

$405

10-5
    Tightest revolver I have. The trigger is pretty stiff but it feels like it's stiff due to gunk.

It will be my dedicated fannypack gun
    Oops, but it looks great!

Needs a T Grip.

Like mine:
    Name:  S&W 10-5.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  60.8 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Needs a T Grip.

Like mine:
    Name:  S&W 10-5.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  60.8 KB
    Needs a fanny pack, too :-P

Name:  20201106_175933.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  85.6 KB

@03RN, I'll have some of what your drinking! Nice score. Pop the sideplate, clean out the crud, and bet it smooths out nice!
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I have the t grip and fanny pack at home. Im at work til midnight.

Ill clean it up tomorrow. Maybe go shoot monday or tuesday on a day off

@Half Moon
    The innards of our fannypacks are very similar
    Name:  20200627_092714.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  66.4 KB

I have a 10-5 with a 2 inch barrel also. Got it very reasonably a few years back at an auction. Nearly as new and a very smooth if not super light DA pull. It's not a small or light gun and has a square butt of course. Other than using it as a historical piece I struggle to find a practical use for it.

For a while I looked for a .38 Special load to put in it but came away unconvinced if ANYTHING had any better terminal performance than Federal .38 target WCs, if shot in a 2 inch barrel. I've seriously considered getting the cylinder re-chambered to 9mm to step up the power to something more 21st century (by using an almost 19th century cartridge, I know, I know). I've considered putting a 4 inch barrel on it too.

So, what kind of load do you think would maximize the utility of a 2 inch, .38 spl., all steel revolver? Or go all JCN on it?
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  20200627_092714.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  66.4 KB
    Is that a two-inch 67?

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    ...Other than using it as a historical piece I struggle to find a practical use for it.

For a while I looked for a .38 Special load to put in it but came away unconvinced if ANYTHING had any better terminal performance than Federal .38 target WCs, if shot in a 2 inch barrel...So, what kind of load do you think would maximize the utility of a 2 inch, .38 spl., all steel revolver?

I'm running Underwood's standard pressure 158 grain SWCHP. Have seen no proper gel tests but it is cheaper than Buffalo Bore, has a similar POI to some range ammo as the gun is more ammo sensitive than any of my 4" Ks, has nickeled cases, and is moving faster with more weight than a midrange wadcutter so even if it fails to expand, oh well. Have some Gold Dot +P as a substitute standard that hits near to or at the same POA as the Underwood if the ammo shortage continues long enough to need it. 2x2x2 pouch has the same Underwood as it protects the bullets while my COMP II and COMP III speedloaders have 158 grain lead round nose. Both to reload smoothly and be cheap to rotate since the bullets have a rough life in pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I have a 10-5 with a 2 inch barrel also. Got it very reasonably a few years back at an auction. Nearly as new and a very smooth if not super light DA pull. It's not a small or light gun and has a square butt of course. Other than using it as a historical piece I struggle to find a practical use for it.

For a while I looked for a .38 Special load to put in it but came away unconvinced if ANYTHING had any better terminal performance than Federal .38 target WCs, if shot in a 2 inch barrel. I've seriously considered getting the cylinder re-chambered to 9mm to step up the power to something more 21st century (by using an almost 19th century cartridge, I know, I know). I've considered putting a 4 inch barrel on it too.

So, what kind of load do you think would maximize the utility of a 2 inch, .38 spl., all steel revolver? Or go all JCN on it?
    158gr swc-wn that gets 1000fps in a 4" barrel, 950fps in a 3" barrel, and probably 900fps in the 2".

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Is that a two-inch 67?
    A 2" nickle plated m15-3

That almost looks too big for the Fanny pack. I also have a HPG Fanny pack, I’ll have to try my 2” 64 in it.

User Tag List