Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That last glass of whiskey...

I've never won anything on GB and only once on another auction site. Mostly because I only bid once early and only for what I would pay if I were buying it from a dealer. That's a very good price for a model 10 in good condition. With my luck I would have bid $400 and lost it in the last 5 minutes. Generally I don't even watch the auction because I know somebody is going to out bid me because they have to. Auctions aren't really my forte.

I have a 2 1/2" model 19 already or I would have a 2" model 10.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I scored a 2 inch 10-7 on Gunbroker from my Last Glass of Whiskey Session. I'll post a pic when I receive it.
    Last edited by MDFA; 09-20-2021 at 02:52 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I scored a 2 inch 10-7 on Gunbroker from my Last Glass of Whiskey Session. I'll post a pic when I receive it.
    Lol, nice

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I have a 10-5 with a 2 inch barrel also. Got it very reasonably a few years back at an auction. Nearly as new and a very smooth if not super light DA pull. It's not a small or light gun and has a square butt of course. Other than using it as a historical piece I struggle to find a practical use for it.

For a while I looked for a .38 Special load to put in it but came away unconvinced if ANYTHING had any better terminal performance than Federal .38 target WCs, if shot in a 2 inch barrel. I've seriously considered getting the cylinder re-chambered to 9mm to step up the power to something more 21st century (by using an almost 19th century cartridge, I know, I know). I've considered putting a 4 inch barrel on it too.
    As to the latter...Jesus, no, just no. A 10-5 with a 2" barrel is probably worth 1.4 times the price of a 4" Model 10-5. Besides fitting a new barrel, you'll have to fit a new ejector rod. And then you'll have a gun that's OK, but it's not like there aren't a pasta-bazillion other 4" Model 10s out there.

I'll bet that there are a bunch of guys right here who will straight-up trade you a 4" 10-5 or a 10-6 for your 2" gun and might even be sweet-talked into paying your shipping cost.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Worry not for the untouched 2 inch model 10. I was probably in the midst of lockdown ennui and started to tinker with things best left alone. It shall remain in its original state as a period piece.
    It sure is a soft shooter with Federal wadcutters too.
    My apologies to weasels.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Model 10-7 2in..jpg
Views: 393
Size:  35.3 KB

The wait begins. I have a set of Hogue Cocobolo Boot Grips enroute like the one's I put on my Model 66. Trying to decide if I'm going to Bob the hammer and install a Novak Front Sight like the 66 and the Model 10 3 inch conversion I'm doing. I don't think a 10-7 has such a high collector value as some other versions.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

The wait begins. I have a set of Hogue Cocobolo Boot Grips enroute like the one's I put on my Model 66. Trying to decide if I'm going to Bob the hammer and install a Novak Front Sight like the 66 and the Model 10 3 inch conversion I'm doing. I don't think a 10-7 has such a high collector value as some other versions.
    Looks nice as is

Site Supporter

Name:  First Glass 10-7.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  76.4 KB

So I picked her up yesterday and opened her up today and detail stripped it and cleaned and lubed. It obviously sat in a sock drawer for years and wasn't carried. I put the Hogue Cocobolo Bantam Grips on. Call this the First Glass of Whiskey photo.

Man that looks perfect.

I'm still not sure what I want to do about grips.

Maybe next time out I'll focus on her and compare these vs vz grips off another gunName:  IMG_20211007_151127~2.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  55.3 KB

User Tag List