Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resource: MRDS Quick Reference Cards (RMR / Holosun)

@RJ

So Rich,

Could you laminate me a couple and mail them to me? [KIDDING!!!! There's a Staples just up the street.]

In all seriousness, thanks VERY MUCH for the cards. Particularly useful for those of us with, uh, "more mature" brains.

Version 5 Sig Sauer ROMEO1PRO Quick Reference Card:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  73.1 KB

Download PDF here:

qrc_sig_r1p_v5.pdf

Revised the grid to rev 6, to include a "centimeter" pattern on page 2, to go with the "inch" pattern on the first page, and created a Romeo Zero QRC, since there must be some R0 shooters here:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 329
Size:  57.5 KB

qrc_sig_r0_v6.pdf

These QRCs are wonderful and very thoughtful to share. RJ, you are much appreciated! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    @RJ

So Rich,

Could you laminate me a couple and mail them to me? [KIDDING!!!! There's a Staples just up the street.]

In all seriousness, thanks VERY MUCH for the cards. Particularly useful for those of us with, uh, "more mature" brains.
    Ha! (Actually never occurred to me to laminate them. Good idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Thn9mm View Post
    These QRCs are wonderful and very thoughtful to share. RJ, you are much appreciated! Thank you.
    You are very welcome.

I spent some of my 32 years in Aerospace being the poor schmuck who has to use end-user tech manuals to maintain the systems I was in charge of as the Project Engineer. It was a humbling experience, and taught me the usefulness of a handy concise pocket sized guide to operations. I tried very hard to do that with these QRCs.

One side benefit was reading these afterwards it does give you a good overview of the key differences in most of the MRDS on the market today. I learned a lot.

I'm in the process of purchasing another optic, a 407c this time. So I looked at how close this set (407c/407k) was to the other circle dot optics (507c/507k). These two are cheaper/simpler with just a dot, each.

The operating controls are kinda similar, but the 407s use different size dots (2 MOA/6 MOA) which I wasn't aware of. There's another subtlety, the 407k has just manual brightness and lockout modes; the 407c has those 2, in addition to an automatic brightness mode. Both use the "+" button held 3s to switch to the next mode. And of course the 407c has the Solar backup.

Anyway, herewith is a rev 6 QRC for the 407c/k. The rev 6 baseline includes the Euro-sausage friendly centimeter grid on the obverse, for those who prefer to measure group sizes in SI. I am "pretty sure" the controls are correct for the X2's as per Holosun's online user manuals, but would appreciate a double check on these by anyone more familiar with them then I am.

Picture of QRC:

Views: 284
Size:  72.8 KB

By the way I've noticed these screen captures don't render well on a laptop. These are just to show what they look like on a web browser. The PDF is much better resolution with sharper images and text.

Downloadable PDF:

qrc_407ck_v6.pdf
    Last edited by RJ; 06-30-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Dang it the logic I had in the 407c/407k v6 QRC didn't sit well with me, so I had rewicker the couple statements about mode to more better fit how it's described/operates in the manual. ...and of course my inner OCD would not be happy, without also redoing the 507c/507k QRC for consistencies sake.

So: here are rev 6a's of both:

Holosun 407c/407k QRC rev 6a:
    Name:  Capture6a.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  70.5 KB
    PDF:
    qrc_407ck_v6a.pdf

Holosun 507c/507k QRC rev 6a:
    Name:  Capture6a.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  69.4 KB
    PDF:
    qrc_507ck_v6a.pdf

This is an uplift of all current MRDS QRCs to Revision 6.

All revision 6 QRCs include the dual 1"/1 cm grid, as well as slight adjustments to text and checks of the manual. For the Holosun sights in particular, I rewickered them into another "pair", the small pair (407k/507k) and larger pair (407c/507c). I think this might help folks who predominantly run one size or the other. Either way I left the original pair as well.

I also added a QRC for the Vortex Venom, and another for the Trijicon SRO.

To use these, download the PDF attachment, and print it normal size. Cut out the QRC (it should measure 5" wide x 6" top to bottom). Fold over once, then carry or place in range bag for quick reference.

Disclaimer: Information source for these QRCs were publicly available images, web sites or PDFs. Copyright and Registered Trademarks are indicated per the respective sight manufacturers, and so marked on each QRC.

Example Rev 6 QRC (please do not download this image; it is clipped and at reduced resolution. Please download the PDFs, below.)

Views: 235
Size:  70.7 KB

Rev 6 QRCs:

Holosun

qrc_507ck_v6a.pdf
    qrc_407ck_v6a.pdf
    qrc_407507k_v6.pdf
    qrc_407507c_v6.pdf
    qrc_509T_v6.pdf

Leupold

qrc_dpp_v6.pdf

Aimpoint

qrc_aimp2_v6.pdf

Trijicon

qrc_rmr_v6.pdf
    qrc_sro_v6.pdf

Sig Sauer

qrc_sig_r0_v6.pdf
    qrc_sig_r1p_v6.pdf

Vortex

qrc_vor_v6.pdf

I tweaked the verbiage top and bottom to clarify the layout and design, as well as a disclaimer in a new Rev 7 boilerplate. I plan to upgrade all these to Rev 7 soon.

I sent a *.pdf of the 407c507c QRC to Holosun customer service, along with a note of explanation, suggesting they consider adding a QRC to each optic sold. Should be interesting if they reply. I don't expect them to, but wanted to be transparent. I'll get around to submitting it to each of the manufacturers once I create the Rev 7's.

Rev 7 Holosun 407c507c:

Views: 184
Size:  72.3 KB

Rev 7 Holosun 407c507c PDF for download:

qrc_407507c_v7.pdf

Still tinkering with colors and what not. Created a Rev 8 of the 407c/507c that's more suitable for color printers, and cleaned up the revision marking a bit better. If this looks ok after I print out a couple I'll start making Rev 8's in order for the current set of offerings.

Views: 144
Size:  68.4 KB

Download PDF here:

qrc_407507c_v8.pdf

User Tag List