Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: smartcarry, condition 1 with a glock?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Gahhh...damn. That is pretty cool.

I never gave this a second look as when I saw "covert" I assumed it was some kind of secret squirrel mall ninja operator belt...but actually reading the description, it looks really good for gym shorts carry.

Question for ya? The latex listed, how actually comfortable would that be, sans a T-shirt? I see the description mentions one is recommended...but I wonder if it would be possible to wear without, here where I'm at in the FL heat?
    I wear it without a t shirt regularly and have zero issues and I'm in TX

Thanks everyone. I will carry around the house, dry, for awhile and see how it goes. I also ordered a trigger guard holester just in case. I'm thinking about the covert belt as well, as my velo isn't concealing very well for me for my 19 and want to see if that will help, as well as 26 carry. I'll keep an eye out for the enigma as well

I appreciate all the feedback, this is such a great place
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Thanks everyone. I will carry around the house, dry, for awhile and see how it goes. I also ordered a trigger guard holester just in case. I'm thinking about the covert belt as well, as my velo isn't concealing very well for me for my 19 and want to see if that will help, as well as 26 carry. I'll keep an eye out for the enigma as well

I appreciate all the feedback, this is such a great place
    FYI, Tenicor has a pretty good satisfaction guarantee and if your Velo isn’t working for you, they might allow you to return it for a refund. I’ve never found holsters with built in wedges to work for me in regards to the level of concealment I’m looking for. I have much better results with holsters that are flat on the body side combined with foam wedges attached with Velcro.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Hey y'all. Looking at carry for a "life altering" NPE environment.

Bought a smartcarry that I'm waiting on for my new glock 26.5. I feel weird thinking about soft sided holsters with loaded glocks. Does anyone have any qualms? I think a gadget night help me feel better with it, but been checking for gen 5s for a month and still out of stock. Even if I didn't have one in the chamber, I would feel better having some kind of option, even if I have to rack the slide. Am I just being paranoid? Thought about a trigger guard holester tied to a belt loop, but as minimum as it is, that adds a "tell" if my shirt comes up or is tucked in.

Have a glock 43 as well, but wanted something "more" and I can carry a 19 reload (possibly even ankle, as goofy as that sounds).

Thanks all. Stay safe.
    I’ve worked HARD trying to dryfire a Glock in a Smart Carry. Couldn’t do it. I use them with Glocks and 1911s when needed.

Alternatively a Dale Fricke trigger clip with lanyard on a G43 - lanyard looped through pants button hole is super invisible and comfortable
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It is very difficult to pull a Glock trigger through the smart carry.

At the time I had p239 and it was easier to pull the trigger double action than it was to pull the Glock trigger.

If you use any safety pins or clips to hold it up a bit higher and they come loose that could be a problem though ....especially squatting.

It would be very difficult carrying Mexican to fire a clock too but no one seems to think it's a good idea.

I was never comfortable carrying a condition one Glock in a smart carry.

As I mentioned earlier it's very easy to slide a kydex holster in the smart carry and you is good to go.

Haven't use one but the Enigma is showing in stock at Philster with 5 left as I type....

Nobody uses belly bands anymore? They work great for this, done G19 and G17 for a year, hot summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Nobody uses belly bands anymore? They work great for this, done G19 and G17 for a year, hot summer.
    Not since the 80's during UC assignments. Either for a gun or a Kel / Nagra setup.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List