Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Heading Toward Constitutional Carry

Site Supporter

Louisiana Heading Toward Constitutional Carry

Slightly different bills have passed in both houses and need to be reconciled. Governor Edwards (D) has said he'll veto it but apparently there are enough votes to override his veto. Here's the NRA-ILA article.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Slightly different bills have passed in both houses and need to be reconciled. Governor Edwards (D) has said he'll veto it but apparently there are enough votes to override his veto. Here's the NRA-ILA article.
    Not a done deal, as override votes can get very contentious when the arm-twisting starts, but, we have a chance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Not a done deal, as override votes can get very contentious when the arm-twisting starts, but, we have a chance.
    Yup, that's why I put that weasel-word "apparently" in there.

Edward's is as Pro-gun a Dem as you will ever find. His main concern is citizens carrying without any sort of training like what our CCW requires... and I can't even call that a bad argument based on the stupid shit I see people do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Edward's is as Pro-gun a Dem as you will ever find. His main concern is citizens carrying without any sort of training like what our CCW requires... and I can't even call that a bad argument based on the stupid shit I see people do.
    I agree, and I hope he leans on that optional online module to break down and sign it, or at least not sign it and let it become law. He's already on the DNC's shitlist for having told them to pound sand on abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Seriously? What is with some of you guys that think that there should be a training requirement to exercise a constitutionally protected right?
    Last edited by AKDoug; 05-29-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Next we'll need ID to vote...

(I don't mean Idaho...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    A good friend was at the range, and near him was a woman who had bought her first firearm, a Glock. She complained that she could not get it to fire. This lady thought that they came loaded and was not aware she needed to purchase ammunition. She is an example of someone who should have some sort of training. During my teaching career, I taught numerous stupid people. They too might benefit from minimal training. I worked part time at a range that sometimes hosted training sessions for armed security guards. The walls and ceiling were pock marked with stray bullets.This same range was a site for chl classes. I saw numerous doofuses. Minimal training might be teaching how to handle a handgun without pointing it at others and steps to take to avoid negligent discharges. Training should not be an obstacle. Then it is onerous. Absolute and unrestricted access to firearms legally places them into hands of convicted felons and those having been committed to insane asylums or should I say state mental hospitals. When I think about the number of fellow citizens who believe that 2A rights do not pertain to individuals, then I am happy when the state allows constitutional carry with minimal and abbreviated training.

Training must not be a requirement to exercise a constitutionally protected right. No constitutional right has such requirements. Should a new shooter get some training? Yes, but if the government gets involved, it will indeed become onerous.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Seriously? What is with some of you guys that think that there should be a training requirement to exercise a constitutionally protected right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Training must not be a requirement to exercise a constitutionally protected right. No constitutional right has such requirements. Should a new shooter get some training? Yes, but if the government gets involved, it will indeed become onerous.
    Guys, the proposed training module is optional. We're on the same page when it comes to requirements to exercise a right.

User Tag List