Thread: TSA Coordination Center Officer

Site Supporter

TSA Coordination Center Officer

Anyone know what a TSA Coordination Center Officer does? It's advertised in the DC metro area, but the job description is somewhat vague. Thanks and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Anyone know what a TSA Coordination Center Officer does? It's advertised in the DC metro area, but the job description is somewhat vague. Thanks and be safe.
    Possibly more info on the general position. I would assume it might vary by location.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. Much more detailed information than I had obtained so far.

Every airport of substance is an intersection of different interests - the private sector by way of the airline staff, the airport infrastructure and staff themselves, baggage handlers, leasing parties (e.g. restaurants, parking lots, booths), and in pre-TSA times the screening company and associated staff; and government by way of local or assigned police department, the TSA by way of the TSO screeners et al (formerly BDO as well, K9 in the present) as well as Federal Security Directors, CBP if it's an international-capable Cat1, and other federal agencies with customs or immigration authority.

Airport Coordination Centers in large part work to get all of these different interests with their different vernacular to talk to each other and cooperate towards net airport security; as well as to give the non-governmental parties the means to "governmentize" (tongue-in-cheek) any observations of note. They are often seen by outsiders looking in; in their output of non-criminal reports from the different checkpoints, significant or unusual events\observations on the premises by those working on the same, and in general getting everyone's reports under one portal. They can also be useful for outsiders entering the jurisdiction, in getting the right people's attention and permissions for whatever must be done. Bearing with that, if one is up to this or that on the airport premises and requires TSA support of some sort or other, the TSACC for that airport is the first POC to start that process.

There's a lot more that could be discussed, but that may be better served in PM. (jnc36rcpd, I'm the same runcible as on LF; we talked about Sigs back a good wee bit.)
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Great information, runcible. I get the impression this job might be a better fit for a current TSA screener or other employee rather than a retired local LEO who had no airport in his jurisdiction. Feel free to message me if better discussed off line.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Reading the description (and the pay), this seems like a job better described as the Duty Fall Guy.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List