Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enclosed Emitter RDS and HK USP

Site Supporter

Wright Armory

I posted on the USP45 Field Pistol thread about this very subject. Wright Armory seems to be the go to shop for USP slide milling. I was looking to mill my USP45 and mount the 509T but may wait to have it milled for a ACRO P2.

https://wrightarmory.com/pistol/

Wow! Here's info on the USP from Wright Armory:

Red Dot Optic Cuts
    Machine Slide for Reflex optic: RMR, SRO, ACRO, Viper, Venom, Lepuold, Burris Fast Fire, Holosun, Swampfox, ect.

Venoms, SRO’s, and any other optic that requires additional radius cuts add $25

Optics other than the RMR, SRO, Viper, and RMSc Shield may require a new rear dovetail if you want the ability to co-witness with backup suppressor height iron sights (ie: Vortex Venom, Leupold Delta Point, Burris Fast Fire 3, ACRO) .

HK USP, P30, P2000 (3 options)
    1. $395 HK USP, P30, P2000 w/o rear dovetail: cannot co-witness, no rear dovetail includes required single color cerakote after tig welding (#2 is the standard configuration. If you do not specify option # on your order form you will receive option #2)
    2. $550 HK USP, P30, P2000: includes suppressor height iron sights, new rear dovetail in front of optic and required single color cerakote after tig welding (#2 is the standard configuration. If you do not specify option # on your order form you will receive option #2)
    3. $575 HK USP, P30, P2000: includes suppressor height iron sights, new rear dovetail behind optic and required single color cerakote after tig welding (#2 is the standard configuration. If you do not specify option # on your order form you will receive option #2)

It says Holosun generally, but does not mention the 509T specifically. While I think I might prefer a 509T on a USP9F, if all of this is for real, then a USP Expert with a ACRO might be a hilarious sort of Carry Optics gun.

Anyone with Wright Armory USP closed emitted-installed pictures?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

FWIW, I plan on getting a new P30LS cut for an ACRO within the next month or so by Wright. That being said, after the work is done, I won't be shooting it much for awhile, as I will be sending it over to Lazy Wolf Guns for additional work, but I can probably snap a few pics before that happens.

I’m heading over to Wright tomorrow to turn a SIG that shouldn’t be DAK’d into a DAK and to put another one in the queue for NP3+ I’ve gone to them before sights, but I’ve been super-impressed with their responsiveness and can-do approach to my dumbass ideas. I’ll report back anything noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I’m heading over to Wright tomorrow to turn a SIG that shouldn’t be DAK’d into a DAK and to put another one in the queue for NP3+ I’ve gone to them before sights, but I’ve been super-impressed with their responsiveness and can-do approach to my dumbass ideas. I’ll report back anything noteworthy.
    When I emailed them, I received a detailed and thoughtful reply from the CS person. How refreshing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When I emailed them, I received a detailed and thoughtful reply from the CS person. How refreshing.
    Following this closely, as I've become quite . . . well, almost dependent upon red dot sights (age, eyesight, all that). And I have a 45C that I'd like to switch to a red dot, as it's been very reliable and accurate with pretty much all loadings.

And, veering off topic, I have sent my Glock 10mm packing. It worked fine . . . "usually".

I know that Wright Armory has done the work on John Correia's H&Ks. I suspect it wouldn't be difficult to find details and reviews on the Active Self Protection Extra channel.
    I'm pretty sure they have done a fair bit of the mill work for Langdon Tactical.
    David S.

Ran over to Wright today at lunch. Dropped off a P229 for NP3+ on everything but the frame. Like an idiot forgot the two P226 frames that were part of the reason for my trip in the first place (a stainless DA/SA frame, and an aluminum DAK frame that will serve as a blueprint to mill a DAK window into the DA/SA), so I'm going to have to run those back over tomorrow. Looking at a couple of weeks turnaround on the frame work, and 2-4 months for the NP3+.

The employees I dealt with were both very friendly and quite knowledgeable. Ironically enough while I was there they had a USPc slide with some sort of optic mount milled on it. I didn't get too close of a look, but one of the employees was talking about it with a customer who was in (I couldn't tell if it was the customer's slide or a shop slide).

I had brought in a P226 slide and an Aimpoint Acro to RMR footprint plate that I just received, but that got damaged in transit. They took the plate back to the gunsmith and took some measurements, and they're willing to take on the job of mating the plate to the slide. The process is fairly in-depth--they will need to weld material into the void in the slide so that the plate screw will be able to engage enough material, mill the slide, and they are looking at modifying the optic plate itself to make room for the firing pin plunger. All in all it seems like a very well thought out operation, and they definitely thought of all the issues that came up in my mind. The only potential issue is that they don't have CNC programs for the SIG slide, without which they can't mill bosses for the forward indentations on the plate. I'm going to ask if they will consider taking the time to program if I give them multiple slides, as I have 4 or 5 I'm thinking about modifying.

Obviously the end product will be the the real test, but so far I'm impressed with their knowledge and professionalism.

Big bucks $550-575. Ouch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Big bucks $550-575. Ouch.
    Considering your normal slide mill is 150-250, and they also welding in extra materiel and milling a rear sight slot and such, that's really not crazy at all. If you're into hammer fired HKs you're not on the world's tightest budget anyway.

User Tag List