Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick looks pretty good

Top Gun Maverick looks pretty good

Wish it was coming out this summer. Hate all you want, movies like this make my kids dream. We don’t care about the story, just the jets and the aerobatics.

#RESIST

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Will Kelly McGillis reprise her role in the sequel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Never found her to be attractive. Not even back then. YMMV, of course.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    What, Wait...Where are the complaints about the utter un-believability of the story. If LT JG Maverick was like 26 in 1986 that make CAPT Maverick 61 now. Could never happen just like all the complaints about the WOKE reboots right.....? We won't even mention the figure who stands up to the "Aurora" looking aircraft whose "jet wash" takes out the shack. Move along... nothing to see.

What -No criticism of the 3x divorced lead who abandoned his daughter post divorce? Indeed, given her safety concerns, Katie Holmes waited until TC left the country, dumped her cell phone and moved to NYC under the cover of night where she promptly joined a catholic parish where their divorce was settled in a matter of a few weeks-speedy by any measure-virtually unheard of when 8 figures are in play.

But because it is just a movie, merely a vehicle for entertainment, and because it will launch/solidify/extend the careers of a number of actors etc. many, including myself will see it. Indeed, it might just be the vehicle that gets some folks going back to the actual theatre...and that is a good thing. I know I loved seeing TG1 at the Cine Capri in PHX, 70 MM screen, Dolby Sound. I saw it at least 3x over the summer of 86.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I am not likely to watch it. I can suspend my disbelief for a while, but I have a limit, and lately the plots of most movies have bored the snot out of me. I'd rather watch a Mark Felton YouTube video about something that actually happened.

Oh please no.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh please no.
    She didn't age well.

Tom Cruise the face of Dianetics....

I'm ready for this one! Has there been an updated release date announced?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List