Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Reloading Stand - worth it or not?

Lee Reloading Stand - worth it or not?

For the space challenged, is the Lee Reloading Stand worth picking up? It will be used with a Lee Classic Turret press and maybe a Forester Co-Ax if I can work out a way to mount it with an extra bench plate.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    For the space challenged, is the Lee Reloading Stand worth picking up? It will be used with a Lee Classic Turret press and maybe a Forester Co-Ax if I can work out a way to mount it with an extra bench plate.

Thanks!
    I’ve had one for several years, and like it very much. It made more sense than bolting the press onto the counter in the basement bar.
    With a cinder block slung below, it’s pretty stable. Even more so when I store my extra projectiles on the shelf below the Classic Turret Press. At this point, I can’t think of a better option.
    Highly recommended.

You will never regret picking up a Lee Reloading Stand .

Thanks, ordered one this morning!

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I readily see how the Lee stand can be useful, but it seems to me that those without a dedicated bench would find it most useful.

I've been tempted to pick one of these up, so thanks for the feedback. I have a bench, but for me it would save space.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Harbor Freight sells various stands like for vices and grinders. If you visit these stores, you might look. But, the Lee stand is made for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Harbor Freight sells various stands like for vices and grinders. If you visit these stores, you might look. But, the Lee stand is made for this purpose.
    I started to go down that road but when I figured in having to “make stuff work” it just wasn’t worth the effort to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I started to go down that road but when I figured in having to “make stuff work” it just wasn’t worth the effort to me.
    Would be interested to know more about how well the stand works for you!

Planning on simplifying and reducing space in my apartment and getting rid of a desk, so the lee stand always kinda stares at me as an option for the ol turret press.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My only concern with using a Lee stand for a bench press is stability. Notice most pics of the Lee stand have a cinder block hung from the bottom shelf for added weight/stability. I used a HF drill press stand for a while and with it's larger footprint it was fairly stable, but I added about 80-100 lbs of lead ingots to the bottom shelf. One of the best "portable/small reloading stands" I tried was a B&D Workmate. I mounted a press on a scrap piece of 3/4" countertop and screwed a 2x4 on the underside. I clamped the 2x4 in the Workmate and sat in front of the press, pretty stable and I was able to store the Workmate under my bed and the press/countertop in a closet...

User Tag List