Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eval of ballistic protection of popular shooting glasses

I noticed that several of the glasses on the APEL are available in different sizes. For example, the Aegis is available in a standard and a compact size, and the Sawfly comes in small, medium, and large sizes. There's size information on the manufacturer's websites.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    My only experience with a gun going high order was also a .22 out of a bolt gun. I've been shooting all my life and never even thought about a .22, especially a bolt gun, ever doing something like this. The round was filled with too much priming compound and blew out the corner of the bolt, stock, and bottom metal some of it ending up in my hand. Had it not been for my Oakleys, I would most definitely have lost my left eye. If a .22 can do this, you can never have too much protection for your eyes.
    Wow! Mine was my Mauser Es340b target rifle. It just blew a spurt of hot gas in my face, leaving a 1st degree burn on my forehead. No damage to the rifle though. I would hate to have thought what would have happened to my eyes if I wasn't wearing my shooting glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I think I've kept up with most of this thread, so forgive me if this was covered.

Does anyone recommend a style or company that is really good for small faces? My face is probably not even 6 inches wide. My Samsung galaxy s2 covers me from temple to temple for instance. I'd also like to go RX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    If you're a guy, the Wiley X AirRage was pretty neat.

Anyone know if Kaenon makes lenses for other's glasses? I don't like the look of anything they sell, and thinking of getting my next normal pair of glasses with strong lenses.

User Tag List