Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon MRO still a no go?

I have three MROs and no issues so far, I guess I have been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I have three MROs and no issues so far, I guess I have been lucky.
    He explicitly addressed that these aren't "issues" with the optic, as in defects or malfunctions, rather just a poorly designed optic which Trijicon sort of admitted in their response by stating that the optic is working within designed parameters and not defective or suffering an issue out of the ordinary.

Have you tried testing the parallax, for instance? What have your results been with that?

The other thing he noted really strongly was the magnification making it hard to shoot with both eyes open past a certain distance...25 yards, 50 yards something like that. Do you shoot with both eyes open, or have you not noticed this because you shoot with one eye closed?

Interested in your feedback, thanks in advance.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have a friend who has MASSIVE issues with astigmatism for whom the only optic he's found that "works" for his fucked up eyes is the MRO.

He does shoot with one eye shut at anything past 50, so that might be why it "works" for him...

We got issued MROs when we got our new rifles last year. They suck. The dot was frozen on mine and wouldn’t adjust when I tried to zero it. The battery life hasn’t been great either. If I can find another Aimpoint Micro for a good price, I’ll switch it out for the MRO and hope no one at work notices (they won’t).

I have a recent build MRO (S/N 20XXXX), non-HD model on a PCC. I do not notice any magnification issues. There's a slight blue tint, but it's not terrible at all. It's mostly noticeable around the edges. In the middle, it's barely there. To my eyes, it's like an Aimpoint in the middle with a blue ring at the edge. (This is comparing to my Comp M4S that I had handy.) To be clear, the blue ring doesn't get in the way at all, and I'm really only noticing as I sit and type this.

I have not noticed any distortion issues when shooting.

Since it lives on a PCC, I have not shot at the sorts of distance where parallax matters. I also tend to shut the MRO off because I use the PCC for gaming and range fun, so I can't comment on battery life.

I've had one on my personal rifle for several years and they're on all dept guns as well. No issues with parallax, I don't see a blue ring and no other officers have complained of it, no magnification or distortion. [emoji1745]
    We had one at work that stopped working. It was quickly replaced under warranty.

I got to shoot my buddy's MRO last weekend. The parallax issue at 25 yards was horrible. Absolutely could not shoot it with both eyes open. No blue tint, but, given how horrible it was at close range, it could have been Zeiss clear and it would still be a no-go for me.

He gets some parallax issue, but his astigmatism is so bad with other brands that he's just going to deal with it...

User Tag List