Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO still a no go?

Trijicon MRO still a no go?

According to this "no fucks to give" review, the newer MROs still have all the same problems as the older ones. I very much appreciated this video coming up in my recommended list, as I was considering the MRO for a new gun.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The last one I messed with was in the 130xxx serial number range and it very much had the problems that he discussed in that video.

#T2masterrace

Site Supporter
    The HD version didn’t get much love from Russel Phagen and Karl on inrange either. This video does lack the NV content of the review you posted.

TLDW: no perceived magnification as on the original models and massive parallax problems weren’t apparent, but some weird distortion caused by the emitter circuit board reflection being visible on the objective lends was noted as objectionable, especially at the elevated price point.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    According to this "no fucks to give" review, the newer MROs still have all the same problems as the older ones. I very much appreciated this video coming up in my recommended list, as I was considering the MRO for a new gun.

I thought he worked for TFB TV? Also holy shit I had no idea that the MRO was that bad.

Wow. That’s disappointing. Those are problems I would have expected from my Primary Arms dots which coat between $75 and $125, not something like a Trijicon product. I’m glad my go-to AR and my work AR wear Aimpoints.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "The MRO does have a big field of view, but so does your other eyeball. Open it."

Gold.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I’m glad I saw this, I’d been considering picking one of these up as a relatively small RDS. Went with an Aimpoint micro instead.

I used an mro for quite a while, Im luke warm on it. It now Lives on my 15/22. I'd say its just fine for that application
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Very low speed here; virtually all drag...

One data point, but I run an early MRO and find the magnification and blue tint barely perceptible non-issues. I also mount the sight as far back as possible because after experimentation that's what worked best for me.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "The MRO does have a big field of view, but so does your other eyeball. Open it."

Gold.
    Hahahahaha!

Dude, I laughed pretty hard when he said that in the video.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List