Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix Sight Revolver Zeroing

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    S&W uses a small babbitt bar about 3/4" diameter and 10 inches long. At Ruger they used a 1 pound lead mallet cast from the Hensley & Gibbs mold. If barrel has shrouded ejector rod just support frame on bench block and give the barrel a good whack. Done by feel and experience. For skinny S&W "pencil" barrel, soft brass clamp is placed around barrel lug and snugged, and the clamp tapped smartly. If barrel is pinned, just move barrel until it binds against barrel pin, as only slight movement is needed.

Light alloy frames are delicate and frame is supported in a special fixture. Even then there is risk of deformity or cracking frame, even when done at factory.
    Sorry for phone typos, I corrected the mis-spellings in the quote above which should be clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    The only weakness I can see with the design is the spring that operates the trigger. It has one long leg and one short. Hopefully my neighbor doesn't wear that spring out, it appears that it could be prone to breakage.

Casual observation on my part on the trigger spring, but we will wait and see. A hundred rounds every three to six months we'll probably never know. I've mentioned a bobbed hammer to him but he is new to revolvers and likes the SA capabilities of the weapon.
    FWIW, the torsion spring that tensions the hand inside the trigger assembly on a S&W is similar. Not really a big deal.

User Tag List