Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
I have one but haven't used it for years. If your bullets are sized correctly - i.e., you can barely push them through the chamber mouths with the eraser end of a pencil from the rear of the chamber - leading is unlikely. I once did a class with my handloads using Zero 158-grain swaged RNLs loaded to +P velocity in my M67. I went through 720 rounds, and the bore came clean with a few swipes of a Hoppe's-saturated patch because the bullets were the right size for the chambers and bore.

OTOH, commercial ammo is a crapshoot. .38 wadcutter ammo from Federal, Remington, and Winchester tends to be sized correctly, as do their lead bullet defensive loads. I think Black Hills would be good in that regard too, but I haven't tried theirs. I don't know about the above manufacturers' lead bullet practice ammo. From what I've read, imported lead bullet ammo is pretty crummy, though I went through some S&B .38 Special 158-grain RNL a while ago and it seemed okay.
The old low bid commercial swaged lead reloads we used for academy training years ago were awful. 150 to 200 rounds through a S&W K or (later) L frame would gum up the action and lead the bore badly. Ruger Six series did not fare as well. 125 to 150 rounds usually required a good scrubbing before going on.