Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready

M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready

I was messing around at the gun shop today and noticed an M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready. It was really nice. I was kind of in a hurry but I’m thinking about getting one to try and I’ll probably put a Holosun 509 or something on it.

Anyone have experience with these? I have Glocks and don’t like MOS. I’ve had Glocks milled because the optic sits lower, better fit and attachment, etc.

How is the S&W mounting on the optic ready guns? Would I still be better off getting a regular compact milled like with Glocks?

There’s an M&P Core thread in the Red Dot Optics section. It starts with the full size but the compact gets plenty of mention.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm a fan. Reliable, easy to shoot, comes with lots of mounting options and mag extensions for running full size mags. My 320 is noticeably more accurate but I'm fairly sure the M&P won't spontaneously shoot me in the ass.

I'm less thrilled with the Holosun. I didn't fall in love with the circle dot like I thought I would and the lens cruds up very quickly. For all its documented crappiness, the Romeo 1 has been issue-free to date.

Name:  IMG-0871.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  37.1 KB

My agency just adopted this pistol for general issue (transitioning mid-late summer). We currently issue the Sig P229R in .357 Sig. I did the armorer class last week and I have to say I'm impressed. Compared to the P229, this is a simple gun to work on. Not Glock simple, but simple nonetheless. I've owned M&Ps in the past and recently picked up a compact, which is presently getting milled for an RMR. I'm a DA/SA nerd, but am looking forward to getting more time behind the M&P. I'm really curious to see if shooting scores improve amongst those who only shoot as a condition of employment as the DA/SA has been challenging to train on.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Site Supporter

Holosun

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    I'm less thrilled with the Holosun. I didn't fall in love with the circle dot like I thought I would and the lens cruds up very quickly. For all its documented crappiness, the Romeo 1 has been issue-free to date.

Name:  IMG-0871.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  37.1 KB

I have the 508T x 2 on my duty gun...switched it to dot only and love it...as far as the lens crudding up I have the same experience but It didnt affect target aquisition under fire.

Just my 2 cents

User Tag List