Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's becoming... inhospitable...

It's becoming... inhospitable...

St. Louis after a party was shut down.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

And people wonder why i want a belt-fed weapon.

It's St. Louis, that's just Monday night.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Dear St. Louis,

The officer who sat immobile in the patrol car while a mob played Hulk Smash on the roof is the one who responds to your family's 9-1-1 calls. The command who made that cop do it run your emergency services. Your elected government assures you the past year of violence are not pogroms and want to make sure the populace continues to forget that everything the police department is, they explicitly ordered and managed.

The amount of self confidence (or self loathing) necessary to twerk in public is beyond my comprehension.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

I found it interesting (my 'polite word' for ''idiotic'') that the reporting went so far as to attempt to portray the area as ''an otherwise nice place'' to enjoy the local restaurants, museums, and other attractions. That message does not jive with reality.

After seeing the videos included in that news story, I'm unconvinced that St. Louis, Missouri is anything other than an absolute shit hole unworthy of another moment of thought especially after watching a police officer sit passively in that police car as those morons bounced on it like a bunch of drunk third graders on a trampoline only to call for assistance after one (or more) of the miscreants opened the passenger side door of his marked vehicle.

There is just so much wrong with what happened there that I have no idea where to start.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I enjoyed the part where the GM of a local business said (paraphrased), "Nine times out of ten it is quiet; the tenth time is loud and bad stuff happens. But the area is cool and worth the 10% chance of having bad stuff (dead teenage girl) happen to you."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I found it interesting (my 'polite word' for ''idiotic'') that the reporting went so far as to attempt to portray the area as ''an otherwise nice place'' to enjoy the local restaurants, museums, and other attractions. That message does not jive with reality.

After seeing the videos included in that news story, I'm unconvinced that St. Louis, Missouri is anything other than an absolute shit hole unworthy of another moment of thought especially after watching a police officer sit passively in that police car as those morons bounced on it like a bunch of drunk third graders on a trampoline only to call for assistance after one (or more) of the miscreants opened the passenger side door of his marked vehicle.

There is just so much wrong with what happened there that I have no idea where to start.
    If you judge a city by drunken after-hours partygoers, everywhere is a shit hole. You do you, but I've enjoyed many trips to St. Louis.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post

I have to imagine that officer was in a situation of "damned if you do, damned if you don't ".

I thought he displayed tremendous restraint in not at least giving the gas a heartly blip and watching a dozen idiots fall off the roof, hood, and trunk lid simultaneously. I don't know I could have helped myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you judge a city by drunken after-hours partygoers, everywhere is a shit hole. You do you, but I've enjoyed many trips to St. Louis.
    My son is headed there to meet friends over this weekend. I have to say Im pretty proud of him. He called and told me he was going and was going over a crime map trying to figure out where to get a room for the night.
    We met him there last year. Saw a few touristy places. It was a great trip.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List