Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Aurora, CO "Dark Knight Rises" shooting - 14 dead, 50+ wounded 7/20/12

http://gizmodo.com/5928889/buying-a-...hockingly-easy

I know this is what I should expect from this website but a lot of people read it and are going to be upset. Oddly enough, the only thing I got out of it was bulkammo.com's prices suck. I hate that people are so ready to give away freedom because of fear.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post

I know this is what I should expect from this website but a lot of people read it and are going to be upset. Oddly enough, the only thing I got out of it was bulkammo.com's prices suck. I hate that people are so ready to give away freedom because of fear.
    Felt the same way. Thought the same about the prices and you're spot on regarding people giving their freedom up for comfort
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

He skirts right around the issue that should be slapping him in the face: the internet was a tool in this massacre as much as any of his guns. You think he went down to the local library and pulled up explosive recipes from Encyclopaedia Britannica? I don't see Gizmodo calling for background checks to access the internet.

Well said. If only Obama came out and said to that dbag, "you didn't build that arsenal alone." Yup, I went there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    He skirts right around the issue that should be slapping him in the face: the internet was a tool in this massacre as much as any of his guns. You think he went down to the local library and pulled up explosive recipes from Encyclopaedia Britannica? I don't see Gizmodo calling for background checks to access the internet.
    No but censoring the internet isn't that far away. The government I'm sure would just like an excuse. Fear is most often a result of a lack of knowledge. If people were educated about firearms, and they weren't just these scary things that police, military, and criminals use, this would be a non issue. Our fight is truely against the ignorant. The real issue is most of them are willfully ignorant. At least that is the way it seems to me based on my conversations.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

You know, I grew up strongly on the "reasonable gun control" side of things. No one needs AR-pattern rifles or to carry with them anywhere, as long as you can keep a bolt action or shotgun in the house. That nonsense.

What convinced me to change my mind, was that I have never seen another political debate where one side was so consistently and incredibly ignorant of the actual, verifiable facts involved. Not just "oh, we can debate whether John Lott's studies are legit or not", but having no clue about the actual function of firearms or the existing law governing them. I find it incredibly offensive when someone tries to ban something that they know nothing about. How do you have any respect for yourself as an author and journalist after writing something like that, with statements that could have been shown to be completely ignorant with a single google search?

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    You know, I grew up strongly on the "reasonable gun control" side of things. No one needs AR-pattern rifles or to carry with them anywhere, as long as you can keep a bolt action or shotgun in the house. That nonsense.

What convinced me to change my mind, was that I have never seen another political debate where one side was so consistently and incredibly ignorant of the actual, verifiable facts involved. Not just "oh, we can debate whether John Lott's studies are legit or not", but having no clue about the actual function of firearms or the existing law governing them. I find it incredibly offensive when someone tries to ban something that they know nothing about. How do you have any respect for yourself as an author and journalist after writing something like that, with statements that could have been shown to be completely ignorant with a single google search?
    Because nowadays, the only thing you get when you google "shoulder thing that flips up" is pure comedic gold.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Because nowadays, the only thing you get when you google "shoulder thing that flips up" is pure comedic gold.
    I thought the fact that the interview was done by MSNBC was the funnier part.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Well said. If only Obama came out and said to that dbag, "you didn't build that arsenal alone." Yup, I went there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    In a sense, he didn't. He was getting about $900/week in grant research money. I'm sure there were all kinds of background checks done before he got the dough.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List