Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aurora, CO "Dark Knight Rises" shooting - 14 dead, 50+ wounded 7/20/12

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Apparently some dude has made national news for himself because during this incident he set down his 4 month old child and beat feet. All the way to the car. And then he got in the car and drove away.

...with his girlfriend and two small children still back in the theater. The girlfriend and a good samaritan were both wounded by the gunman as they attempted to protect the children from gunfire and get them out.

While the dad was running.

Words fail me.
    I've got some, but think it's better that I keep them to myself.

Wow. That's an intense sound clip. That dispatcher was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post

Here's a real man who stepped up to help that mother and her children:
    http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474981488017

and here's the coward that abandoned his family:
    http://youtu.be/YFZ7C5-h_m4

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    The smug expression on his face when she was relating the story of his proposal.... sickening.

I'm not going to pile on and call him a coward. He folded under intense pressure. Lots of people would/did/do. Now he knows. Now the world knows.
    I will fault him for trying to somehow make himself into a sympathetic character by giving a TV interview.
    If I abandoned my family to hostile gunfire, I'd at least be ashamed enough to stay in hiding.

I think Mr. Hughes at SIRT just found the face for his running targets.

I hope this young lady wakes up and takes the situation in.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I would. I always have a flashlight. Recommend http://tacticalleds.com solely because I think the owner has a lot of integrity and will take the time to answer your questions.

I always have a clip flashlight in my pocket. I also keep a spare within easy reach in my monsoon (course, I don't really think a 500 lumen monster could count as a "spare".

I always felt like I was being little over cautious carrying a loaded 19, 2 spare mags in belt with 2 spares in the edc bag, along with a BUG. It's a sick sort of validation to feel, reading about this incident, but you never really can predict when these kinds of nuts will show up.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Just as a side note, Piers Morgan is defending this dude's actions as "logical".

nuff said.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Wait, in the aftermath, he proposed marriage and she said "yes" instead of beating his head in with a frickin' shovel?

Sometimes I just don't understand the other monkeys stuck here in the cage with me...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I guarantee it wasn't the first or last time that coward will disappoint and abandon his kids and girlfriend/wife.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I guarantee it wasn't the first or last time that coward will disappoint and abandon his kids and girlfriend/wife.
    +1 If she ties the knot with him now, she's an idiot.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List