Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aurora, CO "Dark Knight Rises" shooting - 14 dead, 50+ wounded 7/20/12

Aurora, CO "Dark Knight Rises" shooting - 14 dead, 50+ wounded 7/20/12

I'm sure there are going to be some interesting lessons to learn from this sad event.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooti...2#.UAlHwDGe64R

And my wife wonders why I'm ALWAYS carrying at when we (rarely) go to the movie theater, AND why my head is on a swivel when anyone comes in to the theater. After that incident a few years back in Beslan (IIRC) where a movie theater was taken hostage for a few days, my radar is always switched on. It's a bad place to be with few exits, LOTS of fatal funnels, and no real cover/barriers for protection.

Very sad evening.... I'm relieved that at least they have the suspect in custody.

Youngest victim reported as 6 years old....

Which begs the question - What in the HELL is a 6 year old doing at a midnight showing of a movie like Dark Knight Rises?!?! Crazy.....

My prayers go out to the victims and the families.

Does anyone know if CCW is permitted at that theater? I find it interesting that there were no reports of anyone defending themselves, unless I missed it. I think of Colorado as a very pro gun state.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 07-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Christ.

Please don't refer to this as a "shooting". Call it killing, murder, homicide, whatever. It IS NOT a shooting. Shooting is an activity and sport we all take part in and to confuse it with what happened in Colorado is a disservice to us all. I don't mean to be critical, but we as a collective, responsible group need to differentiate between the two. The Russian movie theater seige was actually in Moscow. Beslan was a school seige that occured in North Ossetia carried out by Chechen terrorists. Al Quaeda had operatives involved as Bin Laden wanted on the job training for future school attacks on America.
    Last edited by SteveK; 07-20-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    ...and the politicization of this incident has started before they've even cleaned up all the blood.

Human nature is predictable, but it's still bloody depressing.

Tragic. May the victims and their families find peace.

Anyone that uses this as political gain is a shameful coward in my book.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...and the politicization of this incident has started before they've even cleaned up all the blood.

Human nature is predictable, but it's still bloody depressing.
    Yup, take away the guns, that's the problem-not the maniac psycho who booby-trapped his whole apartment to boot. While we're at it, they need to crack down on the WalMart/Target booby-trap aisle as well.

Unfortunately, as SecondsCount states, everyone will be jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon. Bloomberg is already foaming at the mouth.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether this guy was truly 'random' or another Jared Loughner.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

The speculation/retraction game starts:

http://www.nationalreview.com/media/video/310127
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Sad day. Prayers for all the families. This link was posted on lawofficer.com. It's the radio traffic from this incident. It sounds like utter chaos.

User Tag List