Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M10 frames back at Jgsales

M10 frames back at Jgsales

Im tempted to do another build. This time something I can do at home.

The frames are up to $200 from $150.

Can you use 357 K Frame barrels in a Model 10?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Can you use 357 K Frame barrels in a Model 10?
    I'm not a gunsmith, but I'm pretty sure you can't, at least not without a lot of extra work. The rear of the barrel extends farther into the cylinder window on .38s than on .357s.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'm not a gunsmith, but I'm pretty sure you can't, at least not without a lot of extra work. The rear of the barrel extends farther into the cylinder window on .38s than on .357s.
    Thanks

Got a lathe?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I'm not sure that is true, the cylinders were the same length when I was goofing with them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I'm not sure that is true, the cylinders were the same length when I was goofing with them.
    I remember when I had my M13-2 that the cylinder was longer than on my M10s. Same with my M19 compared to my M67.

Probably a dumb question, but would the bits from a Model 18 .22lr fit on a Model 10 frame?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I remember when I had my M13-2 that the cylinder was longer than on my M10s. Same with my M19 compared to my M67.
    Yabbut, doesn't a M13-2 have a recessed cylinder? If so, it would necessarily be longer.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I really have to think about what I would do with M10 frames. None of the ideas I have make any financial sense overall.

User Tag List