Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cecil, Paul, and Craig Are Pushers

Cecil, Paul, and Craig Are Pushers

I took a *single* grappling course with them at a PEP almost seven years ago. JUST ONE. But like a dealer in a Very Special Episode of a 90's sitcom, they hooked me.

I don't know how many $$$s in GIs, rashguards, private lessons, and instructional videos later -- I've spent more time hugging other dudes than I have my wife -- I got my purple belt Saturday, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Thanks for being an awesome influence, guys.

Congrats on the purple. That is the hardest belt to get, and the hardest to be at. Well done on the work.

We may be pushers, but you guys are the ones who get it done on your own. Great job!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I took a *single* grappling course with them at a PEP almost seven years ago. JUST ONE. But like a dealer in a Very Special Episode of a 90's sitcom, they hooked me.

I don't know how many $$$s in GIs, rashguards, private lessons, and instructional videos later -- I've spent more time hugging other dudes than I have my wife -- I got my purple belt Saturday, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Hell yeah dude! Blue belt has been a bear for me. Really awesome to see someone breaking out of it haha [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Hell yeah dude! Blue belt has been a bear for me. Really awesome to see someone breaking out of it haha [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Oh man, tell me about it. Friend and I were both very close to purple, so my instructor had us fight for the belt. I lost But he was planning on promoting me in just another month or two last spring...

Feel like mid blue is when you're super confused about who/what you are. This time last year, I could give brown belts a hard time in some areas and get crushed by white belts in others. Having to take control of my own training over COVID I think really helped me earn this, instead of just wandering into it. I started researching my own answers to the gaps in my game and really working them instead of expecting my instructor to hand the answers to me. It's completely changed my mindset on training, and for the better I think...

Good luck with blue belt, man. It's definitely a rough one.

Congrats on the purple belt!
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post

Congrats and Respect!

Congrats dude!

Site Supporter
    Congratulations dude! Awesome way to do the work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding!!

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I don't think they're pushers though I can't speak for Paul. Cecil and Craig just pull back the curtain as to what protecting yourself really looks like. And then it's up to the individual to see how and if they man (or woman) up to it. It's the metal of the individual that matters.

OP, congrats on the purple belt. It's not a small accomplishment.

User Tag List