Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    I’ll take it as long as it matches the round count of the p365. But unlikely, since the SK only has 10, right? This thing will probably only have 7-8 which is a nonstarter for me.
    Bingo. Those are my thoughts exactly. It ain't gonna have the capacity, and it's gonna come out three years too late for me to care about a tiny single stack 9mm that holds 7.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Bingo. Those are my thoughts exactly. It ain't gonna have the capacity, and it's gonna come out three years too late for me to care about a tiny single stack 9mm that holds 7.
    “Five was enough for us! Get off my damn LAWN!”

Seriously, though - capacity is one of the lower criteria on my list for a single stack. More is nice, but I don’t feel undergunned with a 43. Never did with a 7+1 1911, either.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have faith it will be 10. It is interesting, compared to the micro guns, my P30 SK feels overbuilt, and a bit large. For me, the 365 grip is a bit too small. The Shield plus, MAX9 feels way better.

Hopefully, they are just starting with the striker, and would offer an LEMish, or maybe different type hammer fired micro. I hope they also imcorporate an optic ready one.

The LEM and double action are non-starters in the US market.

A paddle mag release is a non-starter in the US market.

A safety is a non-starter in the US market.

Have you guys never watched any of the experts on YouTube?

Although.... it will likely run with 147 grain.... Full magazines will be easy to insert.... Recoil spring life will likely be longer than 500 rounds.... Won't require multiple upgrades after it's hit the market or to pass .gov testing......But will not likely have video game capacity.

I dunno, they've a million of guns with paddle releases in the USA already.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The LEM and double action are non-starters in the US market.

A safety is a non-starter in the US market.

Have you guys never watched any of the experts on YouTube?

Although.... it will likely run with 147 grain.... Full magazines will be easy to insert.... Recoil spring life will likely be longer than 500 rounds.... Won't require multiple upgrades after it's hit the market or to pass .gov testing......But will not likely have video game capacity.
    Why no safety? They seem popular on the p365 and shield.

Has anyone seen an actual safety VPs even in europe? Just curious cause I know they showed some prototype. Also, have there been any VP SKs with button?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I don't know about U.S. market or whatever, but paddle on a small gun is always a total garbage, or has been up to this point. Look at Beretta Pico and Walther PK380. They are awful (although both have their ardent fans, especially the Pico). I love the paddle on large guns like the USP. I count P7 as one. But I support HK for putting the button on their ultracompact. BTW, did anyone noticed that their button is fully ambidextrous like on HS/Springfield XD or Rugers?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    BTW, did anyone noticed that their button is fully ambidextrous like on HS/Springfield XD or Rugers?
    Yup, I did. Didn't want to point it out though because paddle fun. I think it is fun to watch people lament about lack of a feature that has almost no advantages in an individually owned gun.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I am guessing it will be striker fired and hope there will be two variations- one paddle and one button. I really want a paddle release. This will be a pocket gun for me and there is the risk of a button being depressed when carrying in a pocket. After looking at the images, the mag well looks wide as in modified double stack wide.

User Tag List