Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Plus LEM/DA/SA mechanisms take up more space resulting in a bigger gun.
    P250 action is really compact. And Sig made it work, eventually, after shipping so much garbage product that everybody already knew it didn't work.

LCP (old model, as in the LCP Custom I had) action is really compact. No reason it couldn't be installed and pop primers in a bigger gun.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    P250 action is really compact. And Sig made it work, eventually, after shipping so much garbage product that everybody already knew it didn't work.

LCP (old model, as in the LCP Custom I had) action is really compact. No reason it couldn't be installed and pop primers in a bigger gun.
    Yeah. I mean, Springfield XDe, too. Gimme an HK version of that, please... that doesn't have a .45 grip-depth retrofitted to 9mm.

But honestly, I'd consider a slim SFA from HK if...

-It didn't have a light, short SAOish trigger
    -Or did have a light, short SAOish trigger--but had a manual safety

But I suspect none of the above will apply. So I will continue to pursue largely anachronistic carry solutions.

Site Supporter

Both are DAO, which is a simpler mechanism.

So:
    - LEM is just weird and takes work to shoot well. Making new guns for a small sub culture, essentially the furries of the pistol world, is not a high return investment.
    That hit me right in my soul, also because I know it's true even if I don't want to admit it.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Nothing in those tech drawing implies a Walther PPS-like striker than I can thumb, probably because it's completely pre-cocked.

Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

[duplicate deleted]

- LEM is just weird and takes work to shoot well. Making new guns for a small sub culture, essentially the furries of the pistol world, is not a high return investment. Plus LEM/DA/SA mechanisms take up more space resulting in a bigger gun.
    How did you know I was wearing bunny slippers when I posted that?

Most of the extra parts for an LEM could probably be arranged in front and diagonally down forward from the hammer axle, so it might be possible to come close to the same height by reducing the amount of grip space on the backstrap. However, on such an apparently short grip I don’t think that would be a very good compromise. Plus, everything else you said about the LEM is still true, and no amount of fondness can make it any less weird than it undeniably is. Ah well, a man can dream…

The other day, in the Haggard and Weems on Cops Pointing Guns thread, Haggard mentioned having attended a recent HK event and that HK had big news coming soon.

After thinking about that for a moment, I just assumed it'd probably be something to compete with the Shield, the P365, the Hellcat, and the 43X.

Except that they are now the only manufacturer with a functional ecommerce site where I can just go buy a lot of the little parts directly from them at extremely reasonable prices.
    https://shop.cz-usa.com/

They revamped the website recently but I’d estimate their webstore has been around for at least five to six years prior. And their offerings have been as reliable as my HK purchases... and I shoot them better which is sad. I love the USP and the P30. I think Beretta has been pretty awesome too with their web store regarding spare parts but you have to sift through all the shotgun shit (clothes, gear) to get to it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

HK does a good job of taking care of its customers (since the moved from VA, which was actually a long time ago). Unfortunately the nature of memes are such that they almost never die. Beretta has top class offerings and a great web shop but their customer service is garbage. CZ has top-tier service, and I respect their offerings. Springfield has golden service, meh offerings. Glock is all over the map depending on the phase of the moon. The great thing about H&K is it is far rarer for you to actually need their customer service in my experience.

User Tag List