Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They keep living up to the motto that Larry Correia tagged them with thirteen years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Man I am glad I clicked on that link. The comment section was hugely entertaining. I knew it was going to be good though; I mean, how many times do you see Ms. Stephanie post in an HK thread...
    I have the t-shirt:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I'm somewhat intrigued. People have been asking HK for something like this for years. But, no safety on an SAO SFA gun is gonna be a deal breaker for me. Like many I'm sure... I lament it's not DA/SA.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Man I am glad I clicked on that link. The comment section was hugely entertaining. I knew it was going to be good though; I mean, how many times do you see Ms. Stephanie post in an HK thread...

On topic: A slimline HK SFA, at long last? Well, good for them, I hope they sell a bunch. With the way HK works, it will be P365/G48/Hellcat sized, but use 8 round magazines from the P7M8...
    Which would mean that the magazine would cost more than the pistol itself...

Best, Jon

HK isn’t really in the innovation at all costs business anymore. That company ceased to exist in the early 90s because at all costs was costly. HK’s focus now is making professional grade firearms, typically for specific military and police contracts, while staying solvent. I think this would be aimed at folks who want a compact 9mm that could be trusted to be a sorted out design from day one.

I’ll buy one
    Last edited by Greg Bell; 05-24-2021 at 08:06 AM.

#ButtonMasterRace

I hope they actually produce this.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They keep living up to the motto that Larry Correia tagged them with thirteen years ago.
    Except that they are now the only manufacturer with a functional ecommerce site where I can just go buy a lot of the little parts directly from them at extremely reasonable prices. And they have some pretty good sales on mags and stuff from time to time. And their customer service every time I've called has been excellent.

I'm hoping this gives me a reason to care about an H&K product that isn't a USP.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well, unlike the SIG it probably won’t need seven striker pack revisions, four trigger spring revisions, at least two breechface revisions, several RSA revisions, and a bunch of other rolling changes to be reliable.

For all their slowness to bring stuff to market, HK tends to do their beta testing in-house, as opposed to with buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    HK isn’t really in the innovation at all costs business anymore. That company ceased to exist in the early 90s because at all costs was costly. HK’s focus now is making professional grade firearms, typically for specific military and police contracts, while staying solvent. I think this would be aimed at folks who want a compact 9mm that could be trusted to be a sorted out design from day one.

I’ll buy one

Yep.

I don’t want anything awesome.

I want a plain ‘ol little 9mm that works, lasts, and isn’t going to discontinued or revised every time I refresh my browser.

Site Supporter
    So:

- button vs paddle mag release, I’m generally agnostic but paddles seem like they might have a slight advantage for this type of pistol but this thing is made for America’s CCW market snd Americans like buttons. Gun companies don’t exist to make guns, they exist to make money.

- LEM is just weird and takes work to shoot well. Making new guns for a small sub culture, essentially the furries of the pistol world, is not a high return investment. Plus LEM/DA/SA mechanisms take up more space resulting in a bigger gun.

-The patent is for the general appearance of the pistol. Nothing in it precludes they’re being manual Safety or Optics ready versions.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    - LEM is just weird and takes work to shoot well. Making new guns for a small sub culture, essentially the furries of the pistol world, is not a high return investment. Plus LEM/DA/SA mechanisms take up more space resulting in a bigger gun.
    So much wrong, pain, truth and laughter, wrapped up in one post.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List