Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Site Supporter

HK Slimline Striker Pistol

So it appears HK was recently granted a U.S. patent for the "ornamental" appearance of a new slim version of the VP9. Looks like HK's answer to the P365, Shield, Hellcat, G43X etc.

No further details at this time.

https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D918,328#D00000

Name:  HK VP9 Slim.jpg
Views: 2878
Size:  61.9 KB

Site Supporter
    My predictions: a) it won’t break any records for ammo capacity in this segment, and b) it will actually work.

Given how it went with a full size, maybe they can invite @Doc_Glock for some hammer time before the release. I think he might be able to spare a few days in the next 10 years that it would take for HK to release this.

After I am done posting this, I am gonna go to HKPRO to see how many are already kvetching about it being shown with a push button.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

No lever, no safety.

Come on dudes. I want so little.

A large part of my HK fanboyism is based on the eminently sensible paddle magazine release, so it wouldn't be likely to sway me unless it was the same size and capacity as the 365 and was optics ready.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Actual patent document can be downloaded here: https://patents.google.com/patent/US...+Grant+D918328

A little higher resolution, no more tech info.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If they would do something like that with an LEM and keep the paddle release, it would be very interesting. Since that would really be a single-stack P30SK, I'm pretty certain it won't happen, but this will probably be a nice little pistol for what it is. What is interesting to me is that HK always seems to be behind the curve or ahead of it, but never quite in the moment. This design, which will probably come to market 5 or 8 years after everybody else made the small single-stack a hot item, should have been on the table about 2017. On the other hand, the VP70 was a Glock (OK, a really bad Glock) while Gaston was still working up ideas for curtain rods and shovels. They gave up on it, then gave Glock a 20 year headstart and tried again.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No lever, no safety.

Come on dudes. I want so little.
    That reminds me, what ever happened with this? I wonder if they really exist in the wild. As far as I can tell, even the Japanese contract ones don't have manual safeties, and the Japanese usually like safeties so much even had SIG put backwards safeties on their P230s.

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  5.0 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    They keep living up to the motto that Larry Correia tagged them with thirteen years ago.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They keep living up to the motto that Larry Correia tagged them with thirteen years ago.
    Man I am glad I clicked on that link. The comment section was hugely entertaining. I knew it was going to be good though; I mean, how many times do you see Ms. Stephanie post in an HK thread...

On topic: A slimline HK SFA, at long last? Well, good for them, I hope they sell a bunch. With the way HK works, it will be P365/G48/Hellcat sized, but use 8 round magazines from the P7M8...

User Tag List