Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The button vs paddle vs heel could all be negated with the early non-drop free Glock mags.

But Mericans were more concerned about the second 17 than the first 17....

Thank you Nakatomi Plaza...
    Not a Glock in that movie that I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Referencing the 500 round gun fight with a pistol that everyone thinks they are going to get into and win.....😁 barefoot on floors covered with broken glass. Thus the need for 0.08 second magazine changes.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I assumed it was a reference to this: https://diehard.fandom.com/wiki/Glock_7
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sounds like there is enough interest, PF should consider a "paddle" sub forum.
    If you mention paddles in my area people think of boats and jambalaya.

Site Supporter
    I have been pocket carrying guns for over 20 years now, and in that entire time I can only recall about one accidental activation of the magazine release. Currently, I use Aholster pocket holsters which protect the magazine release from unintentional activation.

If someone is pocket carrying a gun, why would they not choose appropriate pants like they would for any other mode of carry. We do not carry IWB or AIWB without buying pants with sufficient room in the waistband. Why is pocket carry any different? If I am pocket carrying I am wearing relaxed fit dress slacks, which are usually pleated. The fashion police have not come for me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

If someone is pocket carrying a gun, why would they not choose appropriate pants like they would for any other mode of carry.
    What would be appropriate pants for pocket carry? Honest question, I don't pocket carry, the LCP that I played with on previous page may have been carried for 5 days and I got it years ago. For AIWB we know to get larger size, I had belt loops moved on some pants too, but I don't think we have any control over what pockets we get?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    What would be appropriate pants for pocket carry? Honest question, I don't pocket carry, the LCP that I played with on previous page may have been carried for 5 days and I got it years ago. For AIWB we know to get larger size, I had belt loops moved on some pants too, but I don't think we have any control over what pockets we get?
    Like any other concealment, a little bagginess (does not need to be enough to look bad) helps disguise the shape of the gun. Having enough room in the waist for IWB carry also creates some of this bagginess. For me, going from standard fit to relaxed fit in my normal size allows room for both IWB and pocket carry.

Vertical pocket openings really help with access to the gun. Horizontal pockets, as jeans typically have, are much more limiting.

Pleated pants help with concealment.

Different brands of pants have different depth pockets. A deep pocket helps to the extent that it prevents the gun from falling out, but too deep results in the gun visibly bouncing around on your thigh. Eddie Bauer dress slacks and some of their shorts have good examples of good pockets.

If you do find yourself pocket carrying in jeans, consider whether something like a college ring might interfere with your draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If you do find yourself pocket carrying in jeans, consider whether something like a college ring might interfere with your draw.
    Yet another way these anti-gun colleges are messing up our youth.
    Join FPC

Duluth Trading pants have pretty deep pockets that work for me with pocket carry. Any seamstress should be able to deepen a pocket for you. I keep meaning to get a front pocket modified to hold a 1” diameter flashlight upright.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    "DuluthFlex cargo pants/shorts" I wear the slim fit myself. Perfect pocket carry pants both for concealment and draw. I drop a S&W 340PD or a Sig P365 in the right front pocket of a pair daily.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List