Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    ...a heel catch is probably the least likely to release the mag on accident.
    Unless you do something really crazy, like...oh, I don't know...sit in a seat, perhaps, or drive a car.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Unless you do something really crazy, like...oh, I don't know...sit in a seat, perhaps, or drive a car.
    I feel like a concealed gun is more likely to encounter side pressure than... heel pressure. But I dunno--maybe not.

I carry my Makarov sometimes, AIWB in a Kahr holster (I know, I know--but it's small, accurate, reliable and DA/SA). The mag has never popped out.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I carry my Makarov sometimes, AIWB in a Kahr holster (I know, I know--but it's small, accurate, reliable and DA/SA). The mag has never popped out.
    I knew you were pistol hipster as soon as you mentioned heel releases.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I knew you were pistol hipster as soon as you mentioned heel releases.
    I’ve been called worse.

Hammertime
    I think heel release is actually pretty awesome for pocket pistols.

Sounds like there is enough interest, PF should consider a "paddle" sub forum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The button vs paddle vs heel could all be negated with the early non-drop free Glock mags.

But Mericans were more concerned about the second 17 than the first 17....

Thank you Nakatomi Plaza...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I think heel release is actually pretty awesome for pocket pistols.
    I agree. A week ago I decided to see how fast I'd be able to draw out of pocket. A tiny Ruger LCP, a Vedder holster, a very deep pocket with tight entry, hands outside, 7 yards. First round hit the target in a blistering 5 seconds. I think it would be fitting to have a mag release that is conducive to 5 seconds reload as well.

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sounds like there is enough interest, PF should consider a "paddle" sub forum.
    Que?

Name:  792012DD-5A21-4719-A199-FAB4CBBEC443.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  15.6 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I agree. A week ago I decided to see how fast I'd be able to draw out of pocket. A tiny Ruger LCP, a Vedder holster, a very deep pocket with tight entry, hands outside, 7 yards. First round hit the target in a blistering 5 seconds. I think it would be fitting to have a mag release that is conducive to 5 seconds reload as well.

I mean. That is sort of my usual reload speed anyway.

These are empty then throw at the guy sorts of weapons. Keeping the mag from ejecting in the pocket is the most important aspect of them. Left handed pocket carry is particularly prone to inadvertent, uh, ejection.

I also kind of like the small Beretta button release on the bottom of the grip. The mag drops right into one’s hand.

User Tag List