Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    So any word on potential release dates
    Name:  5bzhyx.gif
Views: 542
Size:  60.8 KB
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I think buttons should go away..
    For better or worse, that isn’t going to happen. The paddle release is the Beta Max of time (which in a way is a complement).

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I think buttons should go away. I can't see ever buying an HK that doesn't have a paddle release, maybe it was purely a range toy but not otherwise. But then I have enough HKs that if I couldn't get more I'd be okay. After all I'm 52, and best case I have two decades left.
    I predict paddles which are possibly on less than 1% on handguns sold will slowly go away with new HK releases.

I like the paddle because I can easily reach it on my USPcs with my trigger finger without changing my grip. I get the same effect on my micros by changing the button to the right side so the paddle is of less utility on a very small gun, at least to me. I would think that it would be less prone to accidental mag release in a pocket, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I like the paddle because I can easily reach it on my USPcs with my trigger finger without changing my grip..

I would think that it would be less prone to accidental mag release in a pocket, though.
    I don't have much expertise on mag release in a pocket because I use dedicated pocket holsters, and not just because of mag release issues. I only wanted to point out that paddles require a grip change even if they can be reached with a trigger finger.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I used my thumb on the paddle on my VP9 and VP40 but I was probably underthinking it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

SLG once said a properly designed defensive pistol required you to change your grip to activate the slide stop or mag release, so you didn't do so inadvertently.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    SLG once said a properly designed defensive pistol required you to change your grip to activate the slide stop or mag release, so you didn't do so inadvertently.
    Paddles make that statement not applicable. Their only advantage, from a single user's standpoint, is that with a proper strong hand grip an inadvertent or malicious (disarm attempt) activation can't happen at all regardless of reaching aspects.
    Incidentally, this also explains why grip shift must occur if we want that mag to drop when we hit that paddle.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The bickering over paddle vs button is nauseating. The human brain is capable of so much.. but introduce a paddle or a button and a person becomes a drooling idiot.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I’m hoping for a heel release.

User Tag List