Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

I'd have to imagine this one is going to share some parts with the VP9SK, even if only a few internals. I'd bet it's basically a slimmed down evolution of the VP9SK (not a replacement), maybe 15-20% smaller. Possibly with a "1.5 stack" sized mag. Essentially a P365 or G43X direct competitor. That's all purely a guess of course.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

No RDS cut or rail?
    Sad

I saw a reference on TFB from James about a “hint, new slimline,” and wonder if it is the HK.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's what I was thinking when he said that. Apparently a bunch of folks have seen it and the dude from Tefulshund Tac was all coy about something he saw and I doubt it was yet another Vp9 with doo-dads

I like the vp9/40 guns, but won't carry them since I carry aiwb and don't want a non-safety/non-gadget on a light single action-like trigger, especially one with a tendency to drop the striker when bumped. I'd be interested in a slim P30 LEM setup, but I'm guessing such an animal wouldn't save much bulk or weight anyway over the double stack. I'm interested to see what they come up with, but skeptical it will be anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'd be interested in a slim P30 LEM setup...
    Wishful thinking on our part!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I dunno, they've a million of guns with paddle releases in the USA already.
    I’m an admitted fan of the paddle, however I’d be happy to see them go away at this point. I just think it’s good to have a single manual of arms. Just like the car industry, if you use more than one brand it’s nice to have them work similarly, especially for vital functions. (Anyone remember when Ford put the horn on the turn signal?)

ETA: Regardless if this happens, my P30 and USPc aren’t going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m an admitted fan of the paddle, however I’d be happy to see them go away at this point. I just think it’s good to have a single manual of arms. Just like the car industry, if you use more than one brand it’s nice to have them work similarly, especially for vital functions. (Anyone remember when Ford put the horn on the turn signal?)

ETA: Regardless if this happens, my P30 and USPc aren’t going anywhere.
    I think buttons should go away. I can't see ever buying an HK that doesn't have a paddle release, maybe it was purely a range toy but not otherwise. But then I have enough HKs that if I couldn't get more I'd be okay. After all I'm 52, and best case I have two decades left.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

So any word on potential release dates, or what they will call it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m an admitted fan of the paddle, however I’d be happy to see them go away at this point.
    I think it is a great choice for mass-issued handguns so I'd keep them on pistols that compete for contracts. Guns that are designed for ccw/civilian use like this one, I don’t see too many reasons.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List