Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: HK Slimline Striker Pistol

It looks like the Glock 43X and M&P Shield PLUS had a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
    It looks like the Glock 43X and M&P Shield PLUS had a baby.
    More like H&K pimped out a Walther PPS M2 with VP'ish flair (and probably complicated the internals by adding 3 parts to do the job of 1, because that's how H&K rolls).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm sure the baby H&K will be reliable and durable. I'm also sure it'll have lower capacity than the competition and require an armorers kit and Teutonic patience and perseverance to disassemble.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

If you do find yourself pocket carrying in jeans, consider whether something like a college ring might interfere with your draw.
    Rings are a serious hazard for anyone working with their hands on just about anything- including many of the sorts of things we do as shooters. I have seen what a ring can do to a finger when caught with momentum- no thank you.

There’s a reason the silicone type rings are popular with a certain crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Rings are a serious hazard for anyone working with their hands on just about anything- including many of the sorts of things we do as shooters. I have seen what a ring can do to a finger when caught with momentum- no thank you.

There’s a reason the silicone type rings are popular with a certain crowd.
    I concur. I use a silicone ring especially at work(LEO). Rings can and do get caught on things and it’s usually not a pretty end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Motor51 View Post
    I concur. I use a silicone ring especially at work(LEO). Rings can and do get caught on things and it’s usually not a pretty end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have seen damage from rings and one person almost lost a finger.
    Next time you see me look at my hands which will not have a ring on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    So any word on potential release dates, or what they will call it?
    Well?

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well?

Anyone?
    Soon (tm)

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Soon (tm)
    Name:  IMG_0975.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  21.3 KB

But seriously, it's been quite a few months since this patent info broke, I'm very curious (read: in the market for a new single stack) about the chances of a new HK slimline coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    But seriously, it's been quite a few months since this patent info broke, I'm very curious (read: in the market for a new single stack) about the chances of a new HK slimline coming out.
    The chances are pretty good... for sometime mid 2023. Their foray into the 6-shot, G43-size market will probably make a huge splash right as Glock is introducing a factory equivalent to the 15-round shield mags for the G43/43X. Let's not forget that the VP9OR was delayed by how many years so HK engineers could do some testing and ultimately ship the same damn thing Glock did with the MOS only with bigger screws so they didn't break as often.

Two things are generally true about HK: they work and they're a decade late to the party.

User Tag List