Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PA Holosun 507c & 509t2 w/ ACSS Vulcan

offset chevron

I have the Vulcan ACSS on a Shadow systems XR920, a shadow systems MR918, and a Beretta 92 LTT. The base of the chevron reticle is a great offset aiming point for close distance (i.e. 3 yds). Sage Dynamics has the Eleanor drill: one precision shot within a ONE inch circle (and cutting the line fails) in the head and transition to three rounds within 3 x 4 inch rectangle in the chest. Par time 2.5 sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiW4...l=SageDynamics

WIth a single red dot, i often overshoot the one inch circle and cut the line, which does not count in this drill. The round has to be within the circle. With the chevron base, it falls perfectly center within the one inch circle. The base of the chevron is also the aiming point for a 100 yard shot per instruction manual. I love this reticle.

If I knew my eyesight could render the chevron sharp, I'd be all over it. IMO for those with good eyesight, this is a reticle worth a serious look.

A buddy of mine has eye problems (never heard of the condition but now have greater respect for his shooting) that an RDS helps but the dot brings its own problems. He put the chevron reticle with the huge ring on his M&P and found it to help. I am not a very experienced dot shooter but i found it quite easy to adapt to the reticle. His was green, not sure if that was significant for his eye problem.

I'd need to try one out to see for myself, but I fear the chevron would tend to make me focus on it instead of the target... Fine for precision shots but not for Speed. Yes, it would be my fault, not the reticles, but I sure would like to see this offered in a 5moa dot version.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'd need to try one out to see for myself, but I fear the chevron would tend to make me focus on it instead of the target.
    When I tried several mini-ACOGs with the chevron, that was my experience as well. For rifle shooting I certainly placed a much higher priority on precision vs. speed. Because the chevron was never perfectly sharp (no adjustable eyepiece/diopter on the ACOG), it became an exercise in frustration discerning the exact tip of the chevron. My rifles are now equipped with scopes with adjustable eyepieces to render the etched reticles perfectly sharp.

For pistol use I think the 10 MOA chevron would be fine providing my eyesight could render it reasonably well. I too wish there was a way of looking through one short of having to actually make the purchase.

Ordered a 509t ACSS for rainy PCC but wondering if it wouldn’t be a good trainer for my wife’s open dry gun….

I have grown to like the ACSS reticle especially in green compared to my RMR06. I don’t need or see the outer circle and don’t even see it unless I am shooting with my support hand or I am playing around with a VTAC barricade.

JCN I heard the 509 ACSS footprint is a little different then regular 509. I also think the reticle would be great for my wife and her to get accustomed to a PMO as she does not care to put in the effort with something like a RMR. Please let us know what you think once you get some time on it.

Only one session so far, but results positive with my 507 ACSS. Mine is the green dot.
    First PMO, also I have pretty bad astigmatism, but didnt have any issues seeing it clearly, unless I focused on the reticule specifically. If I looked past it and focused on the target( which is my understanding is the correct method), it was perfect.

So at least for me, it works great. Range only goes to 50ft, but normally I struggle to keep 10 rounds on a B8 repair center at that range, but was able to keep them in the 9 and 10 rings in the black.

Speed hasn't been effected much, but that's because my default is slow, and have struggled to push faster.

I do notice some amount of distortion in the view through the lens, but not enough bother me.

I’m excited about an enclosed-emitter with a “larger than window ring”- but in line with others here, I would prefer a dot to the chevron.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I’m excited about an enclosed-emitter with a “larger than window ring”- but in line with others here, I would prefer a dot to the chevron.
    I’m interested in the chevron as a height over bore ranging reticle for the PCC.

If I can go 25 yards at tip of the chevron and under the chevron for close stuff I’ll be stoked.

Much happier that it’s a chevron rather than the DPP triangle that obscured vision.

User Tag List