Thread: Fire Extinguishers - not in NY?

Site Supporter

Fire Extinguishers - not in NY?

I was reading Greg Ellifritz's article on car/riot guns and he recommended a First Alert AF400 Tundra Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Spray. While I have a regular extinguisher for the house, seemed to me that thiis might be good to add to the
    'stuff'.

Anyway, I go to Amazon to order and get a message that it can't be shipped to my address. Why?

Ah, found it:

Sale of EZ Fire Spray in California and New York
    Why can’t I buy EZ Fire Spray (formerly known as Tundra Fire Extinguishing Spray) in California? Or New York? Why can’t you sell it to me?

Thank you for your interest in our First Alert EZ Fire Spray fire extinguishing product. Tested by nationally recognized testing laboratory Intertek (ETL), the product is easy to operate and is capable of extinguishing a variety of fires, including those caused by cooking or electrical malfunctions. In both California and New York State, however, existing laws and regulations require that all types of portable fire extinguishing devices include additional product features, such as pressure gauges and more traditional valves. As such, we cannot offer EZ Fire Spray for sale in these states (as this product has a point and spray nozzle).
    Called my state rep's office and they were shocked and sympathetic. See if anything occurs.

Damn idiots - how many folks have been injured by this product? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 05-21-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Pretty sure I’ve seen them at Walmart if that’s convenient for you

Site Supporter
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I tried Lowes and they said they would ship it. Their chat person said they would but checkout stopped it as restricted.

Buy it from one of the many ebay sellers, one with a decent rep. Most of those are independent small operators and will ignore idiotic mindless nanny state restrictions like that and send it to you.

Ship to store for pickup at the Lowe’s in Erie, PA.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Why not simply get a fire extinguisher that is available locally?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Sounds like New York wants a refillable extinguisher, with a gauge that tells you good or bad. (rather then finding out yours has lost pressure when you need it).

Locally, I can get a full size one for between $10 and $15 at a fire extinguisher supply place.

For me anyways, the appeal of the one under discussion is how compact it is - and for me the lack of a gauge is a plus for mobile use. I’ve seen too many fire extinguishers with gauges broken off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List